Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2006 11:12:32 PM EDT
I need to know if a suppressor would fit under the Samson rail.

Also [dependent on this being 1.375 or better] if anyone has a 9inch SAMSON MRFS for sale [used] shoot me an IM.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:32:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one of the first Samson MRFS-MX (10") models.  Someone asked me what the inside diameter was when I did the initial review, and looking back at that thread I measured the shortest inside diameter @ ~1.360-1.365" using a caliper.  Looks like you might need to go 1.25" diameter suppressor or smaller.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:14:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info.

I spoke to the owner of Samson and he mentioned that for additional cost they can open a  few inches of the rail system, but not the entire rail, so for that it's either turn my can or try something crazy with a drill press and a 1 3/8 HSS hole cut saw with a long bit extension.   I think turning is the best idea of those. I'm not sure I like the idea of reducing .060 wall to .050 wall thickness either.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top