Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2003 4:54:44 PM EDT
The rifle in question is the MT6400C? Does anyone know if it's barrel and chamber is crome plated??  Does anyone own one, if so what are your impressions??
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 5:04:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the chamber is, but the bore is not.
But I'm not for sure.

The military M-4 barrels have chrome bore and chamber.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 5:06:32 PM EDT
[#2]
It is the exact same barrel as the real m4.

with the brake thing or whatever it is permanently attached.

YES it is chromed.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:08:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I received a letter from Colt in early June in response to the very question you have asked.  Colt advised that both the Chamber and Bore are Chrome Lined.

Sincerely,

Steve
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:12:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It is the exact same barrel as the real m4.

with the brake thing or whatever it is permanently attached.

YES it is chromed.
View Quote

Is the 6400 a 16" barrel?  The REAL M4 is 14.5" that makes it NOT the same as the real M4, does it not?
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:28:34 PM EDT
[#5]
The M4 is cut shorter and threaded for FS Obviously.  Colt told Lotboy they start with the same barrel.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 8:12:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, Yes, and, it's a great gun - couldn't be happier with mine.  Mounted the NSN ACOG and it didn't even need to be sighted in. I hit everything I aim for up to 400 yds. I'm having a blast with it shooting lake city and surplus Swiss.
[img]http://www.fototime.com/58ED08E6CBD1257/standard.jpg[/img]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top