Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/17/2006 12:56:56 PM EDT
I am looking for anyones input concerning the result they have had with the Accu Wedge and their AR15's. Did it help with accuracy, lead to malfunctions, get lost easy ect.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:14:25 PM EDT
Well they are what they are. If your upper and lower have a small amount of play then the accuwedge will fix it for a period of time but they do wear out. Losing one isnt an issue as it really wedges itself into your lower. It makes stripping your weapon more difficult as you have a hard time getting the rear pin in and out. I have no comment on accuracy as I seem to shoot the same with or without 1. If I find them cheap at the gunshows I usually buy a few and use em but I won't pay like 5 bucks each for them. 1-2 bucks a piece ya Ill bite but not for 5 + bucks. Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:06:27 PM EDT
I have messed about with them in the past. Some will claim it gives them a more "solid" feel and helps them shoot beter.
I didn't feel my gun shot any better with the informal tests I ran,and it is somewhat of a pain.
For a couple of bucks give it a try.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:12:51 PM EDT

I doubt they do much more than make you feel good...I do like the fact the the upper and lower do not rattle around with it in place but I doubt it does much more than that. My $.02.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:55:02 AM EDT
they take the slop from the mating recievers and nothing more.

it sits snug on the rear shelf and the shelf varies between manufact. so sometimes you have to cut a bit off the bottom so it wont make the fitment too tight
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:23:47 AM EDT
+1 on taking out the slop on receivers. Won't work with RRA. Their lower shelf is too high. I trimmed it down to a thin disk before the rubber fell apart.

Went to ACE hardware and went to the plumbing section and found a thin rubber washer that fit it like a glove. Or you could use an old trick of putting a rubber O-ring around the fron lug and then putting the rear pin thru.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:55:07 AM EDT
back in the days before accuwedge we'd take paper, fold it a couple of time and take ou the slop before hitting the rifle range for qual. Physically doesn't help accuracy per se, but make the relationship among the stock weld, your eyes, and the sights more consistant.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:36:48 AM EDT
I also have found it to be nothing more than a feel thing. But feel is important to me. I love how I can pick up my rifle and nothing moves at all. Thats why I like FF forends over standard/panel type handguards. If I run a 4grip, I hate ANY slop. It has no effect on accuracy but is so rewarding for the weapon to feel so solid. There are other ways to achieve this, but Accuwedge works fine.

I'm in Iraq now and the a2s I've handled and m4 I carry feel so sloppy compared to my baby at home. As a sidenote...the "beat to shit" weapon look is growing on me though.
Top Top