Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/28/2006 8:36:33 AM EDT
I finished my AR project a couple months ago and have really enjoyed it...so far, just under 1000 joyful rounds and counting.  But now, I'm wondering...should I build up another one?  Especially in a state where this window to acquire lowers will probably close again...
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 8:41:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Is one enough?

Now that is the dumbest question I have seen on ARFCOM to date!

Of course not, 10 is not enough..
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 8:46:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Nope! One is not enough! Get more! One can never have enough  of a "good" thing!
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 8:49:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Get as many as you can afford.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 8:51:34 AM EDT
[#4]
You are in CA? Stash away as many as you can.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:00:00 AM EDT
[#5]
hold off on complete builds, just stock up on lowers, every spare dime you have
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:07:38 AM EDT
[#6]
It's called Black Rifle DISEASE for a reason. Once you start, you just can't stop!
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:11:55 AM EDT
[#7]
+100 on the lower recievers...

Beyond that, you need at least one more than what you currently have!

Also, we'll make it easy.  Post a photo of your finished build and we'll tell YOU what you need to build next, mkay?
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:13:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I finished my AR project a couple months ago and have really enjoyed it...so far, just under 1000 joyful rounds and counting.  But now, I'm wondering...should I build up another one?  Especially in a state where this window to acquire lowers will probably close again...

Yes 1 is enough

But must have alot of UPPERS
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:28:55 AM EDT
[#9]
1 has been more than enough for me. What I do not seem to get enough of is ammo. All of these folks that keep parroting the line "get more lowers" are misguided. Without ammo, your rifle is a poorly engineered tomato stake. Get ammo. Get so much ammo that even you question your own mental stability. THEN get more guns.

I know that I am the lone voice in the wilderness on this subject. That does NOT mean that I am wrong.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:34:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
1 has been more than enough for me. What I do not seem to get enough of is ammo. All of these folks that keep parroting the line "get more lowers" are misguided. Without ammo, your rifle is a poorly engineered tomato stake. Get ammo. Get so much ammo that even you question your own mental stability. THEN get more guns.

I know that I am the lone voice in the wilderness on this subject. That does NOT mean that I am wrong.

I think there's some merit to what you said.  I don't know if that wisdom will apply to every SHTF scenario but at least you can do alot of training in the meantime!!

FWIW, about having just one, there's a term that's thrown around and that is, "one is none and two is one".  I don't know if that totally makes sense but it does to me.  A backup is always good.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:42:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:44:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Two is one, one is none

Exactly.

Get at least one more.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top