Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2006 4:06:24 PM EDT
First off, great to post here on the forums. Been lurking a while and had trouble logging in, and finally I can post now. But I assembled an AR15, and having been in the army, some of it I was still familiar with but between the small parts we didn't have to assemble and my faulty memory, I did have some challenge. Anyhow, I'm sighting my weapon in today and finally got it sighted in good but my front sight I had to turn a lot. Like, above the surface of the front sight post. Is this common? I can't remember but I'm thinking when I was in the military, the front sight was sort of flush or just below the surface of the front sight post. Anyone elses' sight have to be raised that high?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:19:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine is about .03" - .04" above flush.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:29:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:53:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I do have an A3 carrying handle. Glad to hear it's only a simple problem.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:27:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I discovered the same problem on my last build, I couldn't raise the front sight far enough without it woobling, held in by only a thread or two.  My rear sight is a LMT. Glad to see you guys helped me out as well.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:39:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I had the same problem and my upper was totally out of spec.  STAG replaced the entire upper and rezeroed for me.

Might want to look down the bore through the upper.  Mine was clear as day screwed up.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top