Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/11/2007 6:15:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/11/2007 6:41:31 AM EDT by JJREA]
It is an M4gery, but I didn't know they make their barrels with them.

What say you?
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 6:44:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/11/2007 6:44:56 AM EDT by new-arguy]
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 7:00:27 AM EDT
this one's a little bit older than a year I think. Maybe two. It's an all RRA upper that adco did a 14.7 and perm attached and A2. I believe he just cut down the 16". I like it alot. At first it seems heavy because it's an HBAR but I'm getting used to it.

But it was a surprise to me the other day that I noticed the cuts. My dad has had this carbine for awhile and is letting me have a go with it for now, that's why I never noticed before. Thanks for the info.

Link Posted: 8/11/2007 9:45:55 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 12:58:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By new-arguy:
Im only saying I noticed it about a year ago. For all I know for sure, they could have been doing it for quite some time!

Were you surprised when you first noticed it? Because I don't think they say anything when they advertise them. You'd think it would be something to brag about, but maybe not.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 3:06:07 PM EDT
You could just ask RRA - in the industry forum.

I think the entry tactical has the cut, but underneath the handguards it is still an HBAR barrel. I think they call it the R4 barrel. I have seen some RRA uppers with government profile barrels though.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 3:13:57 PM EDT
Mine had them as well. Got it about four years ago or so. They were cut in and bare aluminum.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 3:18:25 PM EDT
my midlength A4 has them. I think it's become pretty standard for RRA
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 3:23:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/11/2007 3:24:05 PM EDT by fishngrits]

Originally Posted By JJREA:
It is an M4gery, but I didn't know they make their barrels with them.

What say you?

Do you mean M4 feed ramps, or the cut out in the barrel for the M203 grenade launcher? The R4 barrels, as RRA calls them, are either HBAR or govt. profile with the grenade launcher cut. All (I believe), RRA's come with "extended feed ramps" cut into the barrel extension and reciever after anodizing and assembly, not true M4 feed ramps.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 10:05:51 PM EDT
I bought a RRA 18" varmint rifle back in '04 that had dremeled feed ramps.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 2:36:55 PM EDT
I have seen alot of real bad RRA M4 Feed ramp Dremmel jobs. I dont know why they just dont do it right?
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 3:19:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/12/2007 3:19:28 PM EDT by standeford]
Originally Posted By KYOSHI:
I dont know why they just dont do it right?

Probably so people post more posts on internet boards about them.

Free advertising.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 4:40:44 PM EDT
I've got a RRA LAR-15 as well, and I'm not shure about what you mean when you say "cuts". Here is mine.


What, the barrel looks different?
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 10:55:56 PM EDT
Its the FEED RAMPS. BTW those are inside the reciever by where the bullets go.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 12:06:57 AM EDT
this may help w/ some ID (M4 cuts vs none)
Top Top