Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
4/1/2020 4:14:10 PM
4/1/2020 6:58:51 AM
Posted: 1/12/2005 8:13:33 AM EDT
I have a problem and hope someone here can help me.
I have a Burris Fullfield II mounted in a pair of ARMS 22H rings attached to the top of a SIR 45M.
My problem is: I was trying to site the scope in (50 yards) and it required max left setting and max low setting.  I cannot turn the turrets any further and it is still 1" low and 1" to the right.
What gives?  Something ain't right.

What should I do next?
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:08:37 AM EDT
Sounds like a proccess of elimination needs to be done plus a little more info needed for us. Tell us about the weapon. New? Have you shot it with just irons, did the iron sighs have to be cranked a lot to one side.
I don't think you need the High rings from any maker when on a SIR.
Jack
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:30:20 AM EDT
He might need the high rings to clear the objective bell.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:39:45 AM EDT
As far as the up down, the scope could eb sitting to high being that it's in high rings of an already elevated platform from the sir. as to the left right I can't say.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:08:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/12/2005 10:20:40 AM EDT by emore]
Photoman,
I'm thinking you're right.  I going to try it again using the MED mounts.  It just clears the bell  and the H might be to high.

I'm still not sure why I need to max out the windage adjustment thou.

As for the weapon:  It is a 14.5" upper with a cav comp perm. attached.  
The scope is mounted in the ARMS 37 adapters (30mm to 1").
I have shot it in the past and it pretty good (repeatable and predictable) for shot placement.  I did not need much windage adjustment.  I was using a cheap scope and decided to spring for a decent one.

Could it be the adapters pushing the scope to one side?  Has this ever happened to anyone?
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:28:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By emore:
Photoman,
I'm thinking you're right.  I going to try it again using the MED mounts.  It just clears the bell  and the H might be to high.

I'm still not sure why I need to max out the windage adjustment thou.

As for the weapon:  It is a 14.5" upper with a cav comp perm. attached.  
The scope is mounted in the ARMS 37 adapters (30mm to 1").
I have shot it in the past and it pretty good (repeatable and predictable) for shot placement.  I did not need much windage adjustment.  I was using a cheap scope and decided to spring for a decent one.

Could it be the adapters pushing the scope to one side?  Has this ever happened to anyone?

It could be.  

Was this the initial sight in? or are you sighting it in with new ammo? I know with my set up, wolf 55gr shoots almost 1ft right from my zero with BH 68gr BTHP. So if it's different ammo than it was last sighted in with it could be that.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:34:58 AM EDT
It is an initial site in (with this scope) and with a different type of ammo...never thought about that!

I can't remeber the the ammo used, but it was the cheap stuff.

I originally used name brand ammo and it drilled the target (centered).  
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:51:01 AM EDT
If there is a bur in the #37's, that might do it, although I never had any problem like that with them and havn't ever heard of it, but anything is possible I guess. If anything got under the bottom of a rail attachment, like a SIR, that could do it too.
Jack
Top Top