Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 6/15/2007 3:42:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/16/2007 2:23:36 PM EDT by riese]
I just recieved a half a case of 223 Talon Tracers (Came in 20 round brown boxes instead of the usual white) the bullets are all seated differently some high some rather low. Also, there is a bunch of black stuff on the bullets themselves. Are these safe to shoot? Anyone see them come in brown boxes?

Thanks!

Riese
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 2:25:12 PM EDT
Anyone? I am going shooting Tuesday with my Wife on Tuesday and would love to shoot some of these. Really rather not her get hurt though.

Thanks!

Riese
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 2:47:27 PM EDT
If you have any doubt whatsoever, do NOT shoot them. Posting pictures may help others give advice.
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 2:49:40 PM EDT
I have never shot any of the Talon stuff, so I can't offer any advice on it (or even the packaging it should be in). The varying bullet run-out lengths don't sound very encouraging, so I wouldn't expect consistent accuracy out of them.

The one thing that I will caution - please make sure that (a) you are allowed to shoot them wherever you are going (they are a NO GO at many ranges), and (b) don't shoot them if you are in a drought condition (like Georgia is in) and around grasses or leaves. If they do light up going downrange (some old tracers don't), they can start a fire pretty darn quick if the conditions are right.
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 2:51:38 PM EDT
Need pics. If the bullets are all seated different and look crappy they may be half-assed reloads from pulled parts. If you don't know , don't go.
Top Top