Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/15/2004 6:42:06 AM EDT
Since the ban expired, can I purchase a 16" barrel, semi-auto M4 CAR15 that was built before the ban expired, but is marked "Law Enforcement Only" ?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:44:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes.

See the details on the ATFE web site
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:48:14 AM EDT
[#2]

Yes - LEO mags as well!!  
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:49:38 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Since the ban expired, can I purchase a 16" barrel, semi-auto M4 CAR15 that was built before the ban expired, but is marked "Law Enforcement Only" ?

You could always have a LEO only marked gun.  It just couldn't be assembled into 'assualt weapon' configuration during the ban.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:53:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Not exactly sure why everyone is so bent on getting a LEO marked weapon now though....   especially since I have noticed a vast majority do nothing but bitch about LEO's.....   why not just get a normal lower since you can have any features you now want?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:56:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Anyone have a link to where on the ATF website...because I am having problems getting an FFL to believe me. Thanks!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:02:14 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Anyone have a link to where on the ATF website...because I am having problems getting an FFL to believe me. Thanks!!

Here you go:

ATF Online "What's new."

Lonny
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:07:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Actually, I plan to avoid "Law Enforcement Only" lowers like the plague; simply because I don't want to risk some air headed local yokel cop who spots it, and doesn't know it's not illegal any more, hauling me and my piece to the cop shop, where I can call my attorney, go to court, hope the judge is smarter than the cop, etc, etc.

I know some guys want them either because they think it's cool, or because they think they'll be worth some extra money some day.

I'll pass, thank you.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:13:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Actually, I plan to avoid "Law Enforcement Only" lowers like the plague; simply because I don't want to risk some air headed local yokel cop who spots it, and doesn't know it's not illegal any more, hauling me and my piece to the cop shop, where I can call my attorney, go to court, hope the judge is smarter than the cop, etc, etc.

I know some guys want them either because they think it's cool, or because they think they'll be worth some extra money some day.

I'll pass, thank you.

yea there seems to be a lot of misinformation. that can still get you into trouble rather legal or not.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:59:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top