Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2004 4:35:11 AM EST
I have floor plates, springs, followers etc, I just need some bodies. Is any still selling just the bodies.

Also are the extra power wolffe springs worth it, I am talking about the 10% more power springs they sell are these any better then just the standard new silicone chrome springs
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:49:00 AM EST
CMMG was selling them just before the end of the AWB. I saw an ad in a recent SGN, too, but I can't remember who it was that was selling them.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:42:43 AM EST
Yep, CMMG sells replacement mag bodies and I bought a few a while back. I had a lot of trouble putting the power springs in the replacement mag bodies. I ended up running the standard usgi springs and black followers in them because they gave me so much trouble
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:39:09 AM EST
CMMG no longer has any replacement 30rd & 20rd magazine bodies in stock.

According to my last email correspondence with them, no new batches are to be expected anytime soon.

This brings me to the question at hand, will folks that have purchased these replacement magazine bodies (and that live in "free" states) be willing to sell them to poor bastards like me?

-Jim
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:41:27 AM EST

Originally Posted By Duke_of_Lawnchair:
CMMG no longer has any replacement 30rd & 20rd magazine bodies in stock.

According to my last email correspondence with them, no new batches are to be expected anytime soon.

This brings me to the question at hand, will folks that have purchased these replacement magazine bodies (and that live in "free" states) be willing to sell them to poor bastards like me?

-Jim

Can you legally buy replacement bodies in CA?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:24:02 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/25/2004 10:24:29 AM EST by Va_Dinger]
I own ten of the CMMG replacment mag bodies. I built them up with USGI springs and green followers. I have yet to have a single issue with any of them. They have been every bit as reliable as my USGI mags.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:49:41 AM EST
I am thinking that CMMG may have goten those mag bodies from creative, I don't have any way of proving that but it seems that way. Also WH is connected some how through CMMG I think too.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:07:44 AM EST

Originally Posted By 1-75Ranger:
I am thinking that CMMG may have goten those mag bodies from creative, I don't have any way of proving that but it seems that way. Also WH is connected some how through CMMG I think too.

You are correct in all your thinkings
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:08:49 AM EST

Originally Posted By Va_Dinger:
I own ten of the CMMG replacment mag bodies. I built them up with USGI springs and green followers. I have yet to have a single issue with any of them. They have been every bit as reliable as my USGI mags.

We're talking about the latest batch of mag bodies, not the ones you have. The newest one, Creative Something or other, seem to be...well, odd.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:29:22 AM EST

Originally Posted By M4arc:

Originally Posted By Va_Dinger:

We're talking about the latest batch of mag bodies, not the ones you have. The newest one, Creative Something or other, seem to be...well, odd.

10-4, thanks for clearing that up.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:07:39 PM EST
Brownells has replacement mag bodies. I returned all three of mine, they were crap.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:48:25 PM EST
I just sent one back to CMMG, the one I had was a POS
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:41:35 AM EST
What made them a POS? Both from Brownells and CMMG?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:09:40 AM EST

Originally Posted By QuikSilver:
What made them a POS? Both from Brownells and CMMG?

It was awhile ago, i posted a warning here.

only one of the three would hold the full thirty rounds. none of them would feed becvause the follower would bind in the tube. apparently the internals were out of spec. Some had success by filing off flashing inside the tube where the welds are
Top Top