Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2014 7:55:32 PM EDT
Hey I'm considering buying an AR 15 from ATI-Omni. The cost is only $481 shipped. Here is a link
http://www.slickguns.com/product/american-tactical-imports-gomni556-omni-ar-15-rifle-556mm-16-30rd-black-polymer-48154-after-
Do you know if they are any good? Does anyone have any personal experience? I plan to use for casual shooting and am looking for a cheap shooter. I'm  mainly concerned with reliability. This is far cheaper than others I've found. Any help or opinions are appreciated, but keep in mind I'm on a tight budget so an $800 gun really doesn't compare. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 11:38:55 AM EDT
I have seen one of them but remember that price does not include sights.  If you catch a PTAC upper on sale at PSA you can build one pretty easily for that price (with an aluminum lower).  I think I read they do not have standard internals, they are polymer.  The rifle I handled seemed okay but I built one with sights for about $460 total (PTAC upper, Amazon rear sight, Range brick blem lower, PTAC LPK, used m16 magazine (tan follower) and PSA mil spec but stock).
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 11:43:47 AM EDT
PSA for a builder or Smith & Wesson Sport for a factory-built gun.  Much, much, much better choices.  Selling, handling and working on them, I would tell you to stay far away from the ATI/Omni AR products.

PS, someone will be along shortly to tell you how Mossberg makes their barrels and they're sooo accurate.  Guess what, unless something is wrong with the gun, ALL AR's are pretty accurate.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 12:06:25 PM EDT
I bought a lower for $39 a while back. Its not bad, super lightweight. That being said, I won't buy another. For a price difference of $40, no point in assuming the risk of the plastic breaking.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 12:51:00 PM EDT
Ya, I had originally wanted to build my own with a PTAC upper, but I can't find any in stock. Does anyone know if the PTAC uppers come in stock regularly?
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 12:53:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/27/2014 12:57:49 PM EDT by Stormvet]
Get on the list for their email specials.  They had them for $289 up until a week ago (with BCG and charging handle).
If they are in stock, don't hesitate.  I have seen them go out of stock in three hours.

Just realize they will take three weeks for shipping an they immediately charge your card.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 7:18:08 PM EDT
Just wanted to let everyone know I ordered a PTAC upper from psa today. Now what lower to go with??? Any suggestions? Also opinions on polymer vs forged?
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 7:25:32 PM EDT
Anderson makes the best lower.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 7:28:26 PM EDT
Not worth it when a cheap full-metal rifle is only $100-200 more.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 46and2:
Anderson makes the best lower.
View Quote

Sarcasm? They have a lot of QC issues, read around.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 7:36:26 PM EDT
I like del-ton parts just because they're reliable and cheap. I would go with one of their lowers from cheaper than dirt.com...only $85+s&h. If you choose otherwise, spend the extra 40 or 50 for metal, I had a friend drop his at, it landed on the stock and broke the buffer tube right out of the polymer lower.
Top Top