Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/23/2003 10:28:06 PM EDT
...with the ARMS #39A2 mounted on an A2 upper? Well, I'd like to see a few pics if you have a setup as described. Thank you, Jason
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 1:59:51 AM EDT
[#1]
You would be mounting it in another mount on top of that and make it WAY WAY too high.  It would like like the Israeli ACOGs and just be ridiculous.  Why would you want to use the 39 in the first place?  What are you trying to accomplish?
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 4:28:33 AM EDT
[#2]
No, it wont really work. There are better ways to do whatever it is youre planning. Let us know what youre planning and we'll get you set up.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 4:16:05 PM EDT
[#3]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=163180&w=myTopicPop[/url]
..To start with. Really don't have a good idea on what optics it will be equipped with. I hadn't seen a setup like this, so I thought I'd go this wrought. I'm open to ideas. With anything, theres is always a first, and this is my first build. Thank you, Jason.

BTW, great write up on the ACOG, w/ the pics.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 4:32:34 PM EDT
[#4]
If you want to swap optics back and forth you need a flat top.  Other than that you could go with a forward mounted dot sight with that set up and thats about it.  Your scope will be just too high.  Why did you select the A2 carry handle?
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 5:02:45 PM EDT
[#5]
The looks. Plain and simple, looks over function. I will probably change it around a little. If I cant get the setup to my liking, I will just put an A3 upper on it. I thought the #39 would be versatile, but did little research on it. Thank you Jason.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top