Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/18/2005 6:21:30 PM EDT
Is a LMT M16 bolt carrier worth the 3-4 week wait?  Or  should I say screw it and just swap it out for a standard bolt and bolt carrier.

A litte extra info, I have been waiting 3 three weeks for this order after paying three weeks ago, I am thinking I should just ask for a standard carrier and ship my entire order thats waiting on this one item.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:24:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you waiting for an enhanced BC group?

If so, just get the standard LMT one.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:26:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the fully shrouded firing pin collar of the 16 carrier.  I'd wait for a Colt 16 bolt group to pop up on the EE.  I do have a LMT 16 carrier in one of my guns, however.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:28:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I like the fully shrouded firing pin collar of the 16 carrier.  I'd wait for a Colt 16 bolt group to pop up on the EE.  I do have a LMT 16 carrier in one of my guns, however.

wht is the benefit of having a full auto carrier in an semi ar?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:35:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I was contemplating buying an M16 carrier, but they all seemed to be back-ordered (CMT and LMT, I wasn't going to spend that much more for the Colt) so I decided that the enhanced CMT bolt/carrier would be good for me and I could have it in 3 days compaired to waiting for something to come off the back-order list.

Just my $.02

BTW markm, the enhanced AR carriers have the shrouded firing pins, too.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:37:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Enhanced reliability and it allows you to throw your upper on your buddies M16 lower.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:55:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I got my LMT M16 BCG about three months ago. Mine came with nickle plated bolt.

The latest batches are coming with Crane O-rings per G&R Tactical.

I didn't have the O-ring so I added it myself or you could also use Wolff extra power extractor spring.

I'm using it in my 16-inch LMT Defender 2000 M4 carbine and it runs fine, no FTF so far.

Just in case I also have a spare Colt bolt.

You could always get a enhanced semi-auto BCG for now if you're in a hurry and upgrade to the M16 later.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:00:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I have to wonder how my plain jane Rock River bolt and carier have made it through 3600 rounds w/o a problem, and will probably go three times that many yet.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:15:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:18:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Get the CMT carrier group.  Same thing, no wait.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:37:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Hes out of those to.

I just e-mailed him and asked him to substitute a standard CMT bolt and carrier and refund methe difference.

Its just not worth the three week wait.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:53:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:07:21 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

With the shrouded firing pin collar you don't get the beat up firing pin retaining pins.  Plus the M16 carrier is the original design with the proper mass.  That is not a huge issue, but I like to pay attention to detail.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:44:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Go on gunsamerica.com, gunbroker.com, auctionarms.com, etc. and search for bolt carriers. You can find Colt M16 complete bolts and carriers as low as $140, and others for less.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:20:51 PM EDT
[#14]
C4iGrant and Teknic at the EE board are selling MPI tested and marked CMT bolt assy.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 2:25:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top