Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/14/2009 10:57:34 PM EDT
Title pretty much say's it. I'm having a heck of a time picking a scope. For right now, the only place I have to shoot is at a 25 yard indoor range. But I deffinatly need the magnification. I just don't know when I will be able to shoot farther, but want a scope that will do it when the time comes. I'm worried that I won't be able to use that powerfull of a scope at 25 yard's.  There's alot more to this, but I'll spare you guy's for now.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:37:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Title pretty much say's it. I'm having a heck of a time picking a scope. For right now, the only place I have to shoot is at a 25 yard indoor range. But I deffinatly need the magnification. I just don't know when I will be able to shoot farther, but want a scope that will do it when the time comes. I'm worried that I won't be able to use that powerfull of a scope at 25 yard's.  There's alot more to this, but I'll spare you guy's for now.

Too powerful?  No
Unfair advantage?  Yes

Just realize that battle zero at 25 yards is not battle zero for 50 or 100 yards.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:24:23 PM EDT
[#2]
What I'm more worried about is will I be able to focus it properly.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:10:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I have no problem with my scopes.. I guess that depends on your scope.  I would assume most likely.  Can't you point your scope at something outside at 25 yards to see?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:12:31 PM EDT
[#4]
higher magnification means smaller field of view.

tunnel vision

Get an AIMPOINT for 25yrds.

I prefer 1-4x over 3-9 for just about anything AR,  including coyote hunting.

if you need magnification at 25 yrds,  you need an eye doctor or a teacher.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:15:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have no problem with my scopes.. I guess that depends on your scope.  I would assume most likely.  Can't you point your scope at something outside at 25 yards to see?

I don't have a scope.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:16:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

tunnel vision

Well I guess I need an eye doctor. Because the target is just a blur.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:18:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I think I'm going to try one of these,,,that's if I don't get tired of waiting for them to ship.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/000381302083.html
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:47:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Dont take this as 100% correct, but 3x @ 25 yards = 25/3 seems like 8.33 yards so that equals 12x at 100 yards. 9x at 25 yards seems like 2.78 yarsd or is like 36x @ 100 yards

How big of a target are you looking at? I cant see writing and stuff at a distance too, but only at 25 yards!! Are you using a target that is supposed to seem like 100 yards, when placed at 25 yards?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:29:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Guys.. I think he means that he has only access at this moment to 25 yards.. which is to assume it's a indoor range.

He wants to be able to shoot further out with magnification but at this time it's not available or he hasn't found a long range range.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:07:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Most good 3x9 scopes should give you a clear picture at 25 yards on 3x, but if the target is a blur at that distance you need to see an optometrist.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:03:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

tunnel vision

Well I guess I need an eye doctor. Because the target is just a blur.

If you're using irons, the target should be a blur. Works a lot farther than you would think.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top