Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2004 5:19:48 PM EST
Is Ultramax .223 55 gr. Hollow Point good?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 3:55:36 AM EST
I'm not sure about the HP. But I order and my department fires 10000 rds of the FMJ per year. It works great.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 11:01:36 AM EST
I bought a case of 250 rounds from cabelas and went through it without a singal problem. Cannot really comment on the accuracy, as I don't really have anything to compare it to there. All i know is that they fed, fired, and extracted every time without a hitch. Also, haven't got a chance to try these on varmints yet but hopefully soon. I have seen a warning or two on this board to stay away from Ultramax, but i'm wondering if anyone has actually had any serious problems with it?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 11:42:35 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 9:50:37 PM EST
Thanks for bringing that to my attention brouhaha. I hadn't viewed that post before because of the unspecific title. I think it should be noted that the user in that post did not experience a damaged rifle.....just a pretty good scare. This is interesting though because I know of more than one police department that buy quite a bit of Ultramax each year, not to mention XM17SBullpup's. Also, my experience with it has been very good so far. However with Ultramax costing about as much as U.S.G.I ammo, I might as well go with the tried and true.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:42:37 AM EST
I bought a box of 50 rounds of ultramax .223 and had one primer blow. Mine were the Ultramax loaded with nosler balistic tips. May have been a fluke. But I don't use it anymore.
Top Top