Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2003 9:36:42 AM EDT
Will a RAS system fit my HBAR or is there a pecial type I need?If so does KAC make one.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 9:51:50 AM EDT
[#1]
It is call the RIS, the original MWS handguard made.  call Wes at [url]www.MSTN.biz[/url] for pricing.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 9:52:15 AM EDT
[#2]
The FF RAS should fit, just pick the model to suit the length you need.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 9:55:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys Ill check it out.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 3:24:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a M4 RAS mounted on my 11.5" heavy barrel Bushmaster with no modifications.  Works just fine!

Ray
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 3:29:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Excellent Ray,MSTN emailed me back and told me it could also.Is $323 a good price for the RAS? and is the heat disipation good so I can handle it without the fore grip where other handgaurds would be too hot and unmanageable?
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 3:38:53 PM EDT
[#6]
If not using the vertical grip, use rail cover panels. The rail will be too hot to handle...
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 3:42:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I definately dont want to handle a hot rail,then Ill be able to mount the fore grip on the palm of my hand.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 5:16:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I have nothing bad to say about MSTN!  I don't know Wes at all, just an email or two.  His  knowledge and products on this board are outstanding!!  You will not go wrong buying anything from MSTN.  If you just want a better price check around on the EE.  Del-ton is selling the M4 RAS for $289 + shipping.  Some dealers on the board might meet it or beat it, but I think that is the best price I've seen for a new M4 RAS.

Ray
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 5:56:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Then its a go.I was going to get a spare barrel but with 3 ARs Ill probably never need one.I have an aimpoint that I use on my handle does any one know what type of mount I should get to mount my aimpoint on the top part of the RAS once I get it so its in between my handle and front site.I want to sight it in so the dot is right above the front sight post?
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 7:06:49 PM EDT
[#10]
what!!!  RASII no fit on HBAR???!!![shock]
aaarrrrrggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!

you damn dirty apes!!!!

edited to add:  ok, thank you for proving me wrong..  i almost had a heart attack!!  i now retract my 'dirty apes' statement..

edited once again for technicalities
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 7:27:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes, RAS 2 will also fit Hbar.

Model927, I would not put a sight system on the M4 RAS. It doesn't mount solid enough to the upper to keep a good zero.  If all you have is the A2 upper, then use the FF RAS, ARMS SIR #51, or ARMS #39.  You can put the #51 and #39 on your upper at home with no problems.  For the FF RAS you will need a gunsmith.

Ray
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 7:34:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Are those mounts like the one wher you can put it on the carry handle and it runs along the top handguard so I can mount the site the way I want and if it is will it fit with the RAS on my barrel?I really dont want to free float the barrel I want to be able to take it off and put it on at will.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 7:51:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes, the ARMS #51 and #39 mount to the carry handle and give you a top rail that extends over the handguards.  Yes, I believe that the #39 will fit over the top of the M4 RAS, but it would be cheaper an a better set up to just get the #51.  This will free float the barrel along with several other pluses.  Not that either way will take long to install, but the #51 will take even less time than a RAS and #39.

Ray  
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 7:55:32 PM EDT
[#14]
If you don't care about free floating or adding rails to your handgaurds, the ARMS #39 is probably the way to go.  It will let you mount your Aimpoint where you want it and save you some money.

Again, Wes at MSTN probably has it or can get it.  
Scott
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 8:09:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks guys Im gonna check those out and see witch road I want to go.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top