Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 8/29/2004 11:33:01 AM EST
I saw this stuff in a Natchez catalog and ordered it on a whim. They say its 1970's production made by "PMC to US Specifications". 150FMJ bullet, brass reloadable case. It didn't say non-corrosive but I was thinking 1970's would be non-corrosive?
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 1:26:00 PM EST
This ammo most likely has the "KA" headstamp and is corrosive. The stuff already of en-bloc clips have been "KA" (that I have seen) while the stuff packed in boxes has been from the other Korean manufacturer ??? and is billed as non-corrosive.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 3:18:15 PM EST
Yeah - if it's enbloc clips, it's KA headstamp and possibly corrosive. KA72 and newer is supposed to be non-corrosive. The stuff in cardboard boxes is headstamped PS and is supposed to be non-corrosive. No problems with the KA stuff at all so far. Just clean well after shooting, and don't worry about the corrosive aspect.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 3:59:34 PM EST
OK thanks. I seemed like such a good deal it was hard to pass it up. Yes, its already loaded into the clips. I'll just have to clean after each time out.... cause I have been known to simply wipe a weapon down and then clean it later.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:28:46 AM EST
Some feedback regarding this ammo. The case is marked "KA 72". The bullets appear copper but they are attracted to a magnet. I dropped several of them into a Lyman case guage and they all guaged within spec for headspace and case length. The primers have ring crimp and are sealed with a red sealer. There was no obvious sealer on the bullet but I didn't pull any.

At the range it shot fine. I 'm still not sure if its corrosive but I'm treating it like it is.

Overall I felt it was a decent buy and a way to pick up some more Garand clips.
Top Top