Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2002 10:15:20 PM EDT
Hi, I used to use hoppes #9 intill I found out it was just a powder solvent(Istarted to use it when I was a kid) now I want to use a easy to get cleaner that does it all and shooters choice seems to be it. What do you think of it? does it get copper out alright? If I use it everytime I clean/shoot it should be ok? right?
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 6:53:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Shooters Choice MC7 is one of the BEST cleaners there is.  Yes, it does remove copper just fine--although not as dramatically as Sweets or other ammonia based cleaners.  Regular use of MC7 is not a problem, and it just kicks the shit out of Hoppes.  Incidentally, you are right that Hoppes no longer removes copper.  The copper removal ingredients for Hoppes were removed YEARS AGO--like 1989 I believe.  

Just be sure to use the MC7 in a well ventilated space--it is smelly stuff.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 10:36:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Hmm I didn't know that about #9.  It all works out becuase the stuff my dad had and that my Grandpa left behind is older than that!
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 5:56:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I use Accubore for copper. It really tears it up.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 10:47:44 PM EDT
[#4]
GM Top Engine cleaner is practically the same thing as Shooters choice, at a fraction of the cost.

Bench Rest crowd has know this for years.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 1:48:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Gee, I hate to disagree but I thought my recent purchase of Hoppes passed the penny test. Unlike Break-free.....
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top