Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2002 9:15:20 PM EST
Hi, I used to use hoppes #9 intill I found out it was just a powder solvent(Istarted to use it when I was a kid) now I want to use a easy to get cleaner that does it all and shooters choice seems to be it. What do you think of it? does it get copper out alright? If I use it everytime I clean/shoot it should be ok? right?
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 5:53:32 AM EST
Shooters Choice MC7 is one of the BEST cleaners there is. Yes, it does remove copper just fine--although not as dramatically as Sweets or other ammonia based cleaners. Regular use of MC7 is not a problem, and it just kicks the shit out of Hoppes. Incidentally, you are right that Hoppes no longer removes copper. The copper removal ingredients for Hoppes were removed YEARS AGO--like 1989 I believe. Just be sure to use the MC7 in a well ventilated space--it is smelly stuff.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 9:36:22 AM EST
Hmm I didn't know that about #9. It all works out becuase the stuff my dad had and that my Grandpa left behind is older than that!
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 4:56:13 PM EST
I use Accubore for copper. It really tears it up.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 9:47:44 PM EST
GM Top Engine cleaner is practically the same thing as Shooters choice, at a fraction of the cost. Bench Rest crowd has know this for years.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 12:48:19 PM EST
Gee, I hate to disagree but I thought my recent purchase of Hoppes passed the penny test. Unlike Break-free.....
Top Top