Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2005 6:28:50 PM EDT
Does Hakko still make the Tacpoint TAC1?

I would like to buy one to try out to see if I really want a red dot sight. It looks like no one has them in stock.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:08:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought an aimpoint clone off of E-bay for $67 shipped. This weekend upon examination of a Tacpoint I verified that it is a tacpoint with the Blue ring and lettering left off. Works pretty well for what I paid for it although it does have some debris inside the glass. Other than that it has a good bright dot and holds zero. I got it for the same reason as you want one . I have bad eyes and wanted to see if I could even use a red dot before dumping $350 on the real thing. I really like it and hopefully it will keep working until I can save the $ for an aimpoint.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:58:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Sparky,

I just checked with my distributor and they are still making the Tac1, but they are out of stock with everyone else.  Since Hakko imports all their optics there is always a delay with getting them out to the masses.  I am looking for one too as an Aimpoint ML alternative.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top