Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/26/2003 6:01:13 PM EDT
I need a firing pin retention cotter pin. I live in the general Phoenix area and would like to know if getting one from ASA would be ok. Is the quality of their small parts ok? Is this pin a special type and/or rating? Can I get a substitute from a general nut and bolt place??
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 7:05:12 PM EDT
Pretty much any gun smith should have that part, but if you want to get it from ASA go ahead. As for anything else from ASA ask first. BTW: You need to come over to our hometown forum, and get all the local gossip, were having a get together in Casa Grande on 11/1.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 7:36:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/26/2003 7:40:02 PM EDT by DJSSniper]
Ya, they buy all the parts from other sources...its just the parts that require cutting/fitting that you shouldn't trust. Edited to add: I think The Armory is still a few doors down from them, they are good people there, I always try to give them my business when I have money...
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 7:55:45 PM EDT
You could always buy an inexpensive field repair kit from Bushmaster. For $29.95 you'll get two cotter pins plus a bunch of spare parts that are really nice to have: [url=http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/lowers/afield.asp]Bushmaster field repair kit[/url] All three of my ARs are Colts, but I keep a few of the Bushmaster kits onhand. The only thing I can't use in the Bushy kit is the disconnector since Colt uses .170 pin FCG parts.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 11:34:20 PM EDT
I’m thinking I might get one of those spare parts kits from Bushmaster. I just started putting together an old ammo can for field tools and a few spare parts and that little kit looks like it might be very useful. Thanks. Best regards, J
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 12:00:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/27/2003 12:01:28 AM EDT by CJan_NH]
Originally Posted By JTR8541: I’m thinking I might get one of those spare parts kits from Bushmaster. I just started putting together an old ammo can for field tools and a few spare parts and that little kit looks like it might be very useful. Thanks. Best regards, J
View Quote
Since you are starting to gather parts, instead of the kit I posted above you might want to spend another $7.00 and buy [url=http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/lowers/arpartskit.asp]this one.[/url] For only $7.00 more you get the same Field repair kit that I posted above, a complete spring kit, and a complete pin and detent kit. It's a hell of a deal for $36.95. I feel like a used car salesman [:D]
Top Top