Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/19/2005 12:04:52 AM EDT
I have a detachable carry handle on my M4A3. I got my carbine zero'd in and do not want to remove it in fear of messing up my zero. I have a Hakko MKIII Red dot that I want to use.

My question is, could I effectively use the Hakko MKIII on my front mounts and use it while looking through the rear irons to gain better accuracy or is using both systems at once a total was of time?

Should I mount the Optics on top of the carry handle instead?

I say this because my right eye is my weak eye and also my bad eye, but unfortunately I'm right handed so I'm SOL as left handed shooting doesn't do me any justice.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:05:56 AM EDT
get rid of that shitty hakko. use the hakko for zeroing your rifle down range
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:55:08 AM EDT
That doesn't help any. If you want to purchase a $400+ Red dot for me, please be my guest.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 2:36:05 AM EDT
Waste of time. Sell the carry handle and buy a propper BUIS.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:54:31 AM EDT
I am not removing the carry handle as it has practical usages and I don't feel spending another $100 to replace something I currently have is useful. The red dot is to improve over the system currently in place, not to replace it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:04:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/19/2005 6:04:52 AM EDT by bjwar10]
If the carry handle is a quality one, it should not lose zero when taken off and reinstalled.

The red dot will not make you more accurate, it will make you faster on target and you will have faster hits on multiple targets.

If you want to leave the CH in place, I would mount the red dot forward of it and basically you have a cowitnessed red dot and a very sturdy BUIS.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:27:59 AM EDT
That's exactly what I was looking for! Thank you very much.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:40:51 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bjwar10:
The red dot will not make you more accurate, it will make you faster on target and you will have faster hits on multiple targets.
If you want to leave the CH in place, I would mount the red dot forward of it and basically you have a cowitnessed red dot and a very sturdy BUIS.

+1

Just make sure you have a good mount for the red dot. I would not mount it on the hand guards, unless they are free floated. I'm not sure what other mounts would work for you, I know the ARMS #39 that I have will NOT work with the removable carry handle.

Good luck. I hope you enjoy your setup as much as I do.

Sarge
Top Top