Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2010 8:44:34 PM EDT

Samco Global has been selling this 1960's Iranian .30-06 ammo for a while.

Samco's description:
"Caliber .30-06 (7.62x63mm) Ball. Manufactured in Iran in 1968
when Iran was a friend and strong ally of the United States.
Brass cases, FMJ, 150 gr., Lead core, Non-corrosive, Berdan, Packed Loose,
5 rows of 200 rds each, 1000 rds in sealed zinc ined wooden case. "

Has anybody shot this stuff ?

As far as surplus .30-06, is it any good ?

Link Posted: 12/11/2010 3:01:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/11/2010 4:14:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I would not buy it no matter how good it was/is as I will not give money directly or indirectly to Iran.

Bill
Link Posted: 12/11/2010 4:40:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/11/2010 5:12:29 AM EDT
[#4]
CMP greek stuff is packed better and cheaper.

I say why risk it for something you read on the internet?  
Link Posted: 12/11/2010 5:17:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Runaway beat me to it... check the CMP.  Save a few bucks, get good ammo, and support an organization that helps get kids into responsible shooting.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2010 6:31:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Runaway beat me to it... check the CMP.  Save a few bucks, get good ammo, and support an organization that helps get kids into responsible shooting.  

But there are hoops you have to jump through to join the CMP, and they have a limit on how much ammo you can buy.
Link Posted: 12/11/2010 6:40:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But there are hoops you have to jump through to join the CMP, and they have a limit on how much ammo you can buy.

The "hoops" are not significant if you're not purchasing a firearm.  Last I was on the cmp forums, they've dropped limits on ammo this year.  Your info might be more current than mine?
Link Posted: 12/11/2010 8:04:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That ammo was mfg for the over 165,000 Garand rifles we sent them back in the 'Shau of Iran' days.

The money is still going to support that fuck head Mahmoud Ahmadinejad one way or another.
His sole goal is to destroy the USA. (that is us)

Bill
Link Posted: 12/11/2010 8:18:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
That ammo was mfg for the over 165,000 Garand rifles we sent them back in the 'Shau of Iran' days.

The money is still going to support that fuck head Mahmoud Ahmadinejad one way or another.
His sole goal is to destroy the USA. (that is us)

Bill

So we buy his ammo and use it against him.

Anyways, I would rather buy it from the CMP also just because it's a great program doing great things.
Link Posted: 12/11/2010 9:40:02 AM EDT
[#10]

CMP.......

I jumped threw all their hoops about 5 week ago, so that I could order a 03-A3 stock
and some greek surplus 30-06 ammo.

CMP told me that since this is my first order, it would be March 2011 before they even get to
my order.  Yea, they told me to give them 4-5 months.

And as of now they have sold out of the stocks and sold out of most of the surplus 30-06.

I was told that they would call me when they actually get to my order, because there was a possibily the stocks
and ammo would be back instock.

But they told me not to count on it.

Link Posted: 12/11/2010 11:34:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/11/2010 3:35:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

CMP.......

I jumped threw all their hoops about 5 week ago, so that I could order a 03-A3 stock
and some greek surplus 30-06 ammo.

CMP told me that since this is my first order, it would be March 2011 before they even get to
my order.  Yea, they told me to give them 4-5 months.

And as of now they have sold out of the stocks and sold out of most of the surplus 30-06.

I was told that they would call me when they actually get to my order, because there was a possibily the stocks
and ammo would be back instock.

But they told me not to count on it.

Something about that sounds Funny / Wrong
I ordered several cans last week they have already been delivered Turn around less tan 2 weeks
and they are not out of ammo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/11/2010 4:16:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 12/11/2010 4:41:13 PM EDT
[#14]

M1 Garand: Free free from Uncle Sam
British Ferret Scout Car: Stolen from the Shah
Bell Bottom Jeans: 12 bucks.

Wearing them while riding on the top of
said scout car with an M1 Garand during
an Islamic revolution:  FUCKING PRICELESS.
Link Posted: 12/11/2010 6:02:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I ordered several cans last week they have already been delivered Turn around less tan 2 weeks

I did not say they were out of ammo.
I said they were almost out of surplus 30-06.

CMP ammo link

And if you got ammo from them in two weeks, it was because you are a repeat customer,
and already in their system, or full of cr8p.

This is the first time that I ordered anything from the CMP.
I was told 4-6 weeks for them to get my new account set up.
And then another 3-4 months before I would receive my order.

My concern is that they will be out of surplus .30-06 ammo by the time they process my order, next year.

So that is why I was asking about the Iranian surplus ammo.
Its available now.

ETA: CMP has .30-06 ammo back in stock; as of 12/17/10.

Link Posted: 12/11/2010 7:10:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

If we had the balls the best thing we could do for that problem is a Neutron bomb

Link Posted: 12/11/2010 9:33:11 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I LOL'd.

Link Posted: 12/12/2010 4:41:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Supporting the CMP supports NRA, local organizations and the 2nd Amendment.  The "hoops" are extremely minor-almost trivial-and are needed to provide the support I mentioned.  And if you haven't already gotten into their system, you're kind of behind the curve.  You've also missed out on a whole lot of opportunities to purchase a bit of history.  I would pay double for ammo from CMP over buying BERDAN PRIMED ammunition that was imported at some point (not mentioned on SAMCO's web page) from Iran.  That importation was certainly AFTER the revolution there, and that makes it tainted.  Just say no to this ammo "deal."
Link Posted: 12/12/2010 6:20:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The "hoops" are not significant if you're not purchasing a firearm.  Last I was on the cmp forums, they've dropped limits on ammo this year.  Your info might be more current than mine?

I hadn't looked in a while. When I did check, they were limiting ammo to 4 cans a person? Something like that. Not worth my time to jump through the hoops to get that little ammo from them. I remember posters showing big wood crates of ammo from them, which is no longer the case. If I could get crates of it at a time, I could see the hassle being worth it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2010 2:17:02 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I would not buy it no matter how good it was/is as I will not give money directly or indirectly to Iran.
Bill

You're going to have to explain this to me, cause I'm not seeing it. If the retailer has already bought the ammo from Iran (and considering all the embargoes and trade restrictions in place on Iran I'm betting it was purchased long ago and was sitting in some warehouse for the past 3 decades, but whatever), then Iran has already made money. Whether the retailer re-sells it or not doesn't matter to modern day Iran at this point.

I understand nobody wants to give Iran a dime of money, I don't either, but not buying ammo from an American based retailer seems like a non sequitur. Iran's already made their money (and probably long ago at that).

Having said all that, I'd check with the CMP

Link Posted: 12/12/2010 3:55:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Bill

You're going to have to explain this to me, cause I'm not seeing it. If the retailer has already bought the ammo from Iran (and considering all the embargoes and trade restrictions in place on Iran I'm betting it was purchased long ago and was sitting in some warehouse for the past 3 decades, but whatever), then Iran has already made money. Whether the retailer re-sells it or not doesn't matter to modern day Iran at this point.

I understand nobody wants to give Iran a dime of money, I don't either, but not buying ammo from an American based retailer seems like a non sequitur. Iran's already made their money (and probably long ago at that).

Having said all that, I'd check with the CMP
If the importer/distributor winds up eating the cost of importing all that crap, they won't buy from Iran again...  The damage is done-to a point-but boycotting products can help prevent additional money flowing to the target of the boycott.

Link Posted: 12/12/2010 4:22:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Trade sanctions against Iran. May have came second hand from somewhere else they sold it to years ago.
Link Posted: 12/12/2010 6:02:52 PM EDT
[#23]
The revolution was in 1979...and Iran has been using every thing from slingshots up ever since then.  This stuff may have been sold by Iran 30 years ago, but that would still mean the Islamic Revolutionary regime profited from it.  No thanks.  No money from me goes to the mullahs.
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 6:37:22 PM EDT
[#24]
We've had a trade embargo on Iran since the Revolution. I guarantee you that anyone who imported this stuff had to prove beyond a shhadow of a doubt that the stuff came from a thrid party but also that that party got the ammo before the embargo took place. Customs and DOJ takes a very dim view of trading with Iran in any shape or form, so considering the source plus the fact it's ammo that it's well above board.

I'd have no trouble buying and shooting this ammo.
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 7:21:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Could have been sold or given away by Iran brand new prior to the revolution.  Could have been captured or confiscated by anyone including Israel.  Israel still has some Panzer IVs it got free of charge from Syria.  The Nazis would not have approved of the transfer.
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 7:48:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did not say they were out of ammo.
I said they were almost out of surplus 30-06.

CMP ammo link

And if you got ammo from them in two weeks, it was because you are a repeat customer,
and already in their system, or full of cr8p.

This is the first time that I ordered anything from the CMP.
I was told 4-6 weeks for them to get my new account set up.
And then another 3-4 months before I would receive my order.

My concern is that they will be out of surplus .30-06 ammo by the time they process my order, next year.

So that is why I was asking about the Iranian surplus ammo.
Its available now.

I ordered a Garand in Oct., and I placed an ammo order with the Garand.  I got the ammo and the Garand in less than 3 weeks.  After I got the Garand I placed another ammo order - this time I got my ammo in less than 2 weeks.

All of the above was between Oct. 2010 and Nov. 2010.  Regardless of what you were told I do no think it will take as long.  The CMP ammo is cheaper, and it is reloadable, and it supports a great program.  No brainer IMO.

ETA:  The Garand order made in Oct. was the very first time I ever did business with the CMP of any kind.

Link Posted: 12/15/2010 8:56:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
We've had a trade embargo on Iran since the Revolution. I guarantee you that anyone who imported this stuff had to prove beyond a shhadow of a doubt that the stuff came from a thrid party but also that that party got the ammo before the embargo took place. Customs and DOJ takes a very dim view of trading with Iran in any shape or form, so considering the source plus the fact it's ammo that it's well above board.

At 56 cents a round before shipping I think I'd pass.  LC and Greek M2 can still be found for 30 cents a round at gun shows.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 8:47:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

At 56 cents a round before shipping I think I'd pass.  LC and Greek M2 can still be found for 30 cents a round at gun shows.  

True, I just wouldn't let the fact it's Iranian stop me from buying it. Hell for all I know it could have been captured by the Iraqis back in the 80's and sold to a third party by the provisional .gov over there.
Link Posted: 12/16/2010 2:03:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True, I just wouldn't let the fact it's Iranian stop me from buying it. Hell for all I know it could have been captured by the Iraqis back in the 80's and sold to a third party by the provisional .gov over there.

What guns shows are you guys going to?  Cause I want some M2 at .30/rd!
Link Posted: 12/16/2010 3:14:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Trust me, it took some looking, but there is always that one guy at the show who is reasonable.  I probably went to five or six shows looking for the stuff, and when I found it at that price, I bought it all.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 10:55:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Trust me, it took some looking, but there is always that one guy at the show who is reasonable.  I probably went to five or six shows looking for the stuff, and when I found it at that price, I bought it all.

At .30 cents a round I would buy it all too.
But I have not seen any deals like that in years.

So I have a couple of cans on order from the CMP, at .50 a round,
and as of today, there .30-06 surplus is back in stock.

And I got a couple hundred rounds on order, for the Iranian stuff at .56 a round.
Soon I will be able to see what surplus my guns like more.

Link Posted: 12/17/2010 1:12:58 PM EDT
[#32]
I can't get ammo through the CMP, that's why I am relegated to searching for it at gun shows.  I passed on some '55 AP at $150 per sealed 192 round can.  Tried to get it for $140 but he wouldn't budge so I walked away.  Now I wish I had bought some...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top