Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/8/2007 2:07:18 PM EDT
Let me first start off by saying I know that nothing is going to compare to the original ACOG.  So please don't go on and on about clones sucking, etc.  I know the difference between the two and am just wanting the most bang for my buck, which I have very few at the moment.

Having said that, does anyone have any experience with this sight?  It has a lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects.  

I'm pretty much broke, and just wanting a "half decent" red dot optic and I thought this looked alright.  I can't afford a real ACOG and I can't afford a real Aimpoint either.  I won't be able to afford one anytime soon.

Invisiblesight 4x32 acog clone $274 + shipping
http://i21.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/a0/08/9485_1.JPG
http://i18.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/a0/08/94e6_1.JPG
http://i10.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/a0/08/9558_1.JPG

Features:

scope

-              32mm multi-layer coated lenses

-              Reticle fully adjustable

-              Etched on glass reticle

-              Built-in backup iron sights

-              1/4 MOA elevation click adjustment dial

-              1/4 MOA windage click adjustment dial

-              Nitrogen purged

-              Manufactured by Invisiblesight™

Sight

-              25mm reflex lens

-              Red-dot fully adjustable

-              Tubeless design

-              Multi-coated lens

-              Automatic brightness adjusted to external environment

-              Unlimited eye relief

-              Parallax corrected

-              Manufactured by Invisiblesight™

Others

-              All metal construction

-              Hard anodized aluminum

-              Including quick-release weaver mount base

-              Water and shock resistant

Specifications:

scope

-              Objective aperture: 32mm

-              Magnification: 4x

-              Eye relief(mm): 38

-              Field of view(ft): 36.80

-              Adjustment: 1/3” @ 100 yards

-              Reticle: tactical cross hair

Sight

-              Objective aperture: 25mm

-              Magnification: 1x

-              Adjustment: 1/4” @ 100 yards

-              Reticle: 3.5 MOA red-dot

-              Brightness level: automatic

-              Battery: CR2032

Others

-              Mount: 20mm picattinny mount

-              Size: 150mm x 85mm x 75mm

-              Weight: 425g
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:51:23 PM EDT
[#1]
If you don't have a lot of money, there's more reason not to waste it.  $274 is half way towards buying a real M2 ($495 with mount at LaRue), this is something you can keep for years to come.

You can find used ML2 with mount cheaper here at EE.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:11:29 PM EDT
[#2]
You know, As I was reading the OPs opening exposition about not having a lot of cash, all I could think was "everyone is going to say "save your money and buy XXXXX"
No offense intended, I generally agree with Duffy. I can also relate to not having a ton of flow and wanting a decent optic for the money. Unfortunately, you really do get what you pay for. A cheap optic will do nothing but piss you off every time you look through it (ask me how I know)

The part I would be most concerned with, though, is that it's from coming from Hong Kong. That warranty won't mean much when you have to deal with an anonymous Chinaman via e-mail.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:34:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
A cheap optic will do nothing but piss you off every time you look through it (ask me how I know)

+1.

Jed, I too was on a mission to buy a clone the other week.  I'm glad the forum talked me down off the ledge.  

Bud's Gun Shop had Eotech 512s for $325 last month.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:48:38 AM EDT
[#4]
turns out that the reticle in this scope isn't even illuminated anyways.  So that rules it out for me.  

And I understand that $274 is half way towards a much better optic.  I just won't be able to get that other half of the money for a LONG time, unfortunately.

I guess for now I will just stick with my irons and wait until the middle of next year when I will be able to afford something better.

When it comes down to it, I suppose I'd rather buy a $80 clone than a $274 clone anyways.  That way if it works OK, but ends up failing in the end I'm not out so much.

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:20:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep I agree with your statement above.  Stick with irons, save up for something that will last you for decades, or buy a toy that won't set you back.  $274 is quite a bit a setback.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:47:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I just looked over his eBay store, he has a clone for everything... shhheeeshhhh...

Invisiblesight™ on eBay

Chinaman is back to the old bag of tricks
1. copy American products
2. produce cheap in sweat shops with sub QC materials
3. sell cheap in America
= Results in American companies not being able to compete and some may go belly up, we lose access to quality products.

Save your cash and buy Made in USA quality product.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:20:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
turns out that the reticle in this scope isn't even illuminated anyways.  So that rules it out for me.  

And I understand that $274 is half way towards a much better optic.  I just won't be able to get that other half of the money for a LONG time, unfortunately.

I guess for now I will just stick with my irons and wait until the middle of next year when I will be able to afford something better.

When it comes down to it, I suppose I'd rather buy a $80 clone than a $274 clone anyways.  That way if it works OK, but ends up failing in the end I'm not out so much.

Why not buy a used EO Tech 512 on EE?  Tons of them sell for $300 shipped.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:15:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought an clone point to put on a shot out barrel just for grins for my son to shoot.  Not bright enough for Texas sun and the mount puts the scope 1/4" off center to the right.  Like the man said before....just pisses you off everytime you look through it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:48:46 AM EDT
[#9]
http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=23&t=472825

$225 Bushnell EO Tech
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:27:34 AM EDT
[#10]
 Check ebay. I got an used M68 aimpoint with killflash, QR mount and extended battery housing for $225 with shipping. Light scratches on body but works fine. I see them all the time selling for under $300 usualy with QR mounts.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 11:47:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Buy off the EE.  Either that or look for websites blowing out old models.  I got a couple of new Aimpoint Comp C's for $200 a piece off of Midway USA.  I've bought a couple of Comp M2's for around $250 off the EE.

Also, you could look into the Burris FastFire.  It's Docter Optic/J-Point type Reflex sight.  All metal construction and I'm pretty dang sure that the lens is made of glass.  They're about $200 and work pretty good.  My buddy has one and it was daylight visible.

You could get the Burris then save up for a real Acog and piggyback it like on that clone.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:51:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Jed,
If you are dead set on buying something now, rather than saving a little more, its no big deal. The thing is, there are a lot of scopes out there for that kind of money that will do an infinitely better job than the knock-off Acog.

Bushnell 3200 Elite 2x-7x

Leupold 4x-12x-40mm Rifleman

Most of the Nikon "Prostaff" products.........

And, You're only $30 from a highly-regarded Super Sniper...............

Not to mention, all of the Tasco Varmint/Target series, a lot of scopes from Simmons, and many others fall into your price range. You wont get a Leupold MR/T, or any of the other "tactical"-flavored optics for $275. Probably the closest you'll get is a Super Sniper.

I agree with the guys who say that cheap optics lead to nothing but frustration. It may look like the real thing, it may feel like the real thing, but chances are that it won't hold adjustment like the real thing, and the adjustments may not be consistent at all. I've seen more than a couple NcStars, Leapers and Accushots that would shoot high and to the right, and when adjustments were made, they didn't move the point of impact, or when they did, it was very erratic.

The best advice I can offer is to either save a few more bucks (if you've been saving this long, why not make the saving worth it?), or buy a more conventional scope from a reputable company.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top