Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/2/2003 4:08:49 AM EDT
First let me introduce myself.  I’m currently “doing time” in IL having been here for 13 very long years (transferred from CA).  I’ve got 93 days until I retire (but who’s counting) and move back to the Southwest (AZ).  I’ve been somewhat gainfully employed with the federal government for the past 31 plus years.  I’m a life member of the NRA – ‘nough said.  

The first time I encountered the little nasty black rifle was back about 33 years ago when I spent a few of my misguided youth years in club fed.  Got my first AR15 about four years ago and just recently picked up a Rock River Arms (how a gun hating state like IL can produce a quality arm like this is beyond me..) M4 clone.  I also have several (5 at last count model 1911’s – need two more for everyday of the week!)

Okay, I’m getting to the question. I’ve been lurking in the shadows here for some time and decided to come into the light.  I’m thinking of getting a pistol caliber conversion for the RRA – that way I can have the best of all worlds should I decide to take a trip on the ALCAN highway (Canada does not allow handguns).  I’ve seen a lot of traffic on 9mm but none on 45 ACP.  I know that I can get a 45 upper from at least two places (OLY and Dalphon).  What do those of you who may have a 45 upper think of yours?  If you had one and got rid of it why?  

I’ve got time before I decide I thought I’d see what others think first.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 4:33:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the board future Zonie!
I went with the Oly arms in .40 cal, and have not been dissapointed.
Fit and function are excellent, accuracy outstanding, and the price was good.
I would not hesitate to deal with them again.
Sorry I could not be caliber specific, but if their .40 is any indication...
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 5:33:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Dalphon uses Oly uppers, but I have zero experience with them.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 5:35:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:18:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Ikor's right, Dalphon uses OLY uppers, so their basically the same gun.  Having owned the Dalphon, I don't really care for either.  I sold the OLY and bought a pre-ban Colt 9mm.

If I were interested in an AR type rifle chambered for the .45, the only one I would loof at was one of the LaFrance guns.  He made a run of them a few years back, and there are rumors that they will be starting production again.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 5:25:09 PM EDT
[#5]
What is the range on a .45 upper?

....perked my interest you did...

ReaperVelle
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top