Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/1/2004 10:14:02 AM EDT
First a bit of background.  I am a Spc(p) in the Army's MP corps.  I know I know, I sadly enough am a cop.  Every day I wish I would have gone cav scout, but I can't change it now.  In my years of trudging though this carrer I have been on 4 deployments, including Kosovo x2, Hungry, and most recently GTMO to play with the boys in orange.  In a couple of weeks I am on a plane to go play in the big kitty litter box known as Iraq.  During my time as an MP I attended SRT/SRT II courses.  For those that don't know SRT is urban sniping.  Although I have never attended the offical Army Sniper program.  Thankfully because of a SNAFU we nolonger have an SRT team on post, leaving 3 nearly unused M24's in the BDE arms room.  

As one of two sniper team leaders in the company, I have been charged with writing the SOP for our teams.  Also due to the lack of decent equiptment for percision shooting, the teams are paying out of pocket.  (Lack of gear on MTOE will not allow the purchase with unit funds) Because the teams are made of 3 E4's and 1 E3, we don't exactly make a mint, and with all the other gear we have needed to pick up, or predeployment accounts are running thin.  (Personal GPS, golves, goggles, drop holsters, etc)

Teamleaders/spotters carry the flat top M4 with forward railing system.  In fine military standards, the good old upper and lowers rattle, and iron sights are fun to play with.  I am in need of a persicion optic, 1-4x or around that.  Something that will fit on the upper's rail, but not extend too far over the slip ring.  I am very interested in picking up a flip up rear sight, just for a backup, as we will be required to play close up.  I love the M68, but there just isn't enough in the company to go around.  (yeah I know.... dumb)

I also need a bipod to mount to the picatinny rail on the lower front of the rife.  I am assuming 9-13" because that is what we had in school, but which model is it, and which mount adaptor do I need.

I also saw mention of a pistol grip with palm rest.  What is the best place to aquire one?

As said before, we are on a limited budget, and would need the best gear we can afford. I am not afraid of used gear, in good working order.  So any help would be great.

Thank you all in advance.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 7:58:56 PM EDT
[#1]
First of all welcome!!

It's hard to be on a budget, and need gear that your life could depend on.

A.R.M.S. # 40 flip up rear sights go for around $95.00. An SN-4 optic would be great, but there bank.

Sorry, not much of a help. Maby someone else can chime in.

Good Luck,

KZ
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 8:05:16 PM EDT
[#2]
If I was going in harms way like you are, I would want an Trijicon ACOG.

Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:49:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 11:31:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 5:30:19 PM EDT
[#5]
that last image must be the funniest thing I have seen...lol
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top