Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/12/2006 4:38:38 PM EDT
Sunday, March 12, 2006

Hi Guys:

Found a website in Germany that has some interesting items about AR15 rifles.  The site is in the German language, but you can figure it out.

www.oberlandarms.com/index.php

Take care and good shooting….

MP5 Machinenpistole
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:42:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Those prices are amazing! I have seen the site many times. A member here( Frens) visits them and posts photos.

ETA: prices are amazingly high compared to what we pay here for pretty much the same parts. I am not sure what the exchange rate is now but I looked it up a while back.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:46:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Whats the exchange rate for a Euro?
They didn't have them when I was over there.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:04:09 PM EDT
[#3]
1.19390 to the US $
so almost even right now
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:11:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I have been reading some Russian gun boards and folks there bying a staff from Cabela's think it's heck of bargain (Cabela's charges 50% over ther normal prices for international shipments).
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:07:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
1.19390 to the US $
so almost even right now

Last I checked it was much higher at least I thought it was. I know some of the plain AR15's at the time were about $2500 dollars.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:26:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn, that M5 sniper is $4,600 US.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:34:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Get two
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:38:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:48:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
check these items up for sale  . . . ?

www.oberlandarms.com/index.php?category=Optionen&id=0&page=

They already have the new ARMS SIR (RIS2)
An EOTech magnifier
a retrofit gas piston for the AR

Why is that?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:48:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Ouch. $1600 for a Kimber Eclipse Target II. I thought paying almost $1100 was bad.....

$2400 for a m4gery......

I thought Germany had very strict firearms laws......
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:53:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Aw forget the ARs, I want their AUG. 1,900 euros though, without optics.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:58:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Lots of neat toys on the website, if only I could read German.....
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:09:42 PM EDT
[#13]
I originally come from central Europe and owing an AR-15 over there is  almost for the rich, ammo is super expansive and hard to find.
In some countrys in Europe you must have a permit for simple BB gun, so I can not even imagine  what type of paper work you must go through to own an AR.

That is why I love America
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:31:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Nathan
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:35:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Infact... I just found a pic of one off the ARMs webpage...

www.armsmounts.com/sirSystem.html

Nathan
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:38:18 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
check these items up for sale  . . . ?

www.oberlandarms.com/index.php?category=Optionen&id=0&page=

They already have the new ARMS SIR (RIS2)
An EOTech magnifier
a retrofit gas piston for the AR

The gas piston system is made by Leitner-Wise and sold through the Leitner-Wise U.K. to Oberland Arms.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:06:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I originally come from central Europe and owing an AR-15 over there is  almost for the rich, ammo is super expansive and hard to find.
In some countrys in Europe you must have a permit for simple BB gun, so I can not even imagine  what type of paper work you must go through to own an AR.

That is why I love America[/quote]

Me too. I usually thank my ancestors everyday for fighting and dying for what we have.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:20:01 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
An EOTech magnifier

I had to look...Eotech magnifier

Available next month too.

ETA:

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:48:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Anyone know WTF this sucker is? (The gun, not the bag)

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:12:48 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

]www.oberlandarms.com/images/tasmanian/tt_7759.jpg/url]

AMP DSR-1
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:27:21 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

That is why I love Americahr

I live in The Netherlands (on the left of Germany) but BB guns are here forbidden and shooting is a taboe! Automatic rifles are forbidden to. You only can own a small pistol for sportshooting, but they won't allow you to take it home. By the way, last time there was someone who used his gun for home defense and he get 3 years of jail time. That is why i hate Europa and love Amerika. But over 4 years i will move to the states, and be become a proud American! And hopely forget Europa very fast. I think i just been born in the wrong country! (got already a super large American flag hanning on my wall!)
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:11:30 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

AMP DSR-1

Never heard of it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:18:33 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I live in The Netherlands (on the left of Germany) but BB guns are here forbidden and shooting is a taboe! Automatic rifles are forbidden to. You only can own a small pistol for sportshooting, but they won't allow you to take it home. By the way, last time there was someone who used his gun for home defense and he get 3 years of jail time. That is why i hate Europa and love Amerika. But over 4 years i will move to the states, and be become a proud American! And hopely forget Europa very fast. I think i just been born in the wrong country! (got already a super large American flag hanning on my wall!)

Hell yeah America is the greatest place on Earth!!!  We have our fair share of stuff that sucks, but at the end of the day we're still number 1.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:58:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Not all European countries have that strict gun rules. In Norway, where I live, they're ok enough. Of course I'd like them to be much, much more pro-gun, but this is a liberal country after all, what can you expect. For those of you interested, I've written a bit on how gun laws are here:

First of all, no full-auto weapons are allowed, period.

BB guns was mentioned, here BB guns have no restrictions other than you have to be 18 years or older to buy them.  Also, there are no restrictions on "magazine capacity" for any type of weapon.

To obtain real firearms, there are two possibilities.

Option 1:
Join a shooting competition club. After 6 months you are allowed to buy a weapon. There are regular clubs for handguns, .22LR rifles, shotguns and for regular rifles. Almost any pistol/revolver is allowed. Rifles are bolt-action, and should be a competition type. Most popular rifle is the Sauer 200 STR in 6.5x55 SWE, although a few Kongsberg M67 Mausers 6.5x55 are around. As you maybe already understand, for regular rifles the 6.5x55SWE class is what everybody shoots. The .22LR shooters mostly shoot indoors, and with competition-type weapons.

There are lots of rifle/handguns clubs around, especially in, and around population centers. I live on the countryside, and within 45 min driving range there are 2 handgun clubs, one .22LR rifle, two shotgun & regular rifle clubs. The largest cities have clubs who specialize in "Practical Shooting", and after 6 months activity you can buy an AR-15, Steyr AUG, H&K SL8,  SIG SG550, Galil and some other semi-autos. You must buy a weapon from a defined list of ca 15 weapons, fair enough.  No AK47 though ;)

Reserve army officers are allowed to buy assault-rifles too, but I won't elaborate that here.

Option 2:
In Norway we have long and strong hunting traditions, and after a 30 hour "hunting course" and a test, you are allowed to buy firearms. This course may sound stupid, but in fact you learn a lot about how to hunt, which animals to shoot, how to operate firearms, and more. Interestingly, more and more women take this course and become hunters. Last years local course had 60% women.. guess I'll see a lot of babes in the woods soon heNo restrictions on "military" calibers like .223,308, 30-06 etc, in fact they are the most poular calibers. For semi-autos, you have to choose from a list of about 15 weapons.. yeah here too. Most semi-autos on this list are serious hunting rifles, no assault-rifle lookalikes. We can have Ruger Mini-14s and Mini-30s though h Not too difficult though.

BUT... hat.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:01:08 PM EDT
[#25]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

AMP DSR-1

Never heard of it.

Here you go:

world.guns.ru/sniper/sn38-e.htm

Also, tons of other guns.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:15:43 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Not all European countries have that strict gun rules.............Silencers are not regulated or registered in any way, buy as many as you'd like. I kinda like that.  

Man I really love the U.S. even more. I love the fact I can drive 10 minutes and walk out with a nice Ar15. The only inconvience being the paperwork.

Now the unregulated can is pretty cool though.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:05:21 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I'm afraid you haven't done your homework then. I lived in the Netherlands for a while and checked up on what exactly was permitted. You can own (and keep at home) pretty much the same things you can in the US, with the exception of select-fire (can't own it at all), collapsible stocks (never understood this one) and sound suppressors. I visited a range where people were happily blasting away with Norinco AKs, Bushies, and especially the SIG SG551 (yes, i drooled) was very popular.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:38:17 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Not all European countries have that strict gun rules. In Norway, where I live, they're ok enough. Of course I'd like them to be much, much more pro-gun, but this is a liberal country after all, what can you expect. For those of you interested, I've written a bit on how gun laws are here:

BB guns was mentioned, here BB guns have no restrictions other than you have to be 18 years or older to buy them.  Also, there are no restrictions on "magazine capacity" for any type of weapon.

Option 1:
Join a shooting competition club. After 6 months you are allowed to buy a weapon. There are regular clubs for handguns, .22LR rifles, shotguns and for regular rifles. Almost any pistol/revolver is allowed. Rifles are bolt-action, and should be a competition type. Most popular rifle is the Sauer 200 STR in 6.5x55 SWE, although a few Kongsberg M67 Mausers 6.5x55 are around. As you maybe already understand, for regular rifles the 6.5x55SWE class is what everybody shoots. The .22LR shooters mostly shoot indoors, and with competition-type weapons.

There are lots of rifle/handguns clubs around, especially in, and around population centers. I live on the countryside, and within 45 min driving range there are 2 handgun clubs, one .22LR rifle, two shotgun & regular rifle clubs. The largest cities have clubs who specialize in "Practical Shooting", and after 6 months activity you can buy an AR-15, Steyr AUG, H&K SL8,  SIG SG550, Galil and some other semi-autos. You must buy a weapon from a defined list of ca 15 weapons, fair enough.  No AK47 though ;)

Reserve army officers are allowed to buy assault-rifles too, but I won't elaborate that here.

Option 2:
In Norway we have long and strong hunting traditions, and after a 30 hour "hunting course" and a test, you are allowed to buy firearms. This course may sound stupid, but in fact you learn a lot about how to hunt, which animals to shoot, how to operate firearms, and more. Interestingly, more and more women take this course and become hunters. Last years local course had 60% women.. guess I'll see a lot of babes in the woods soon

Anyway, all normal calibers are allowed, but the authorities have put their evil eye on .50BMG and anything bigger, so thats a no-no.
No restrictions on "military" calibers like .223,308, 30-06 etc, in fact they are the most poular calibers. For semi-autos, you have to choose from a list of about 15 weapons.. yeah here too. Most semi-autos on this list are serious hunting rifles, no assault-rifle lookalikes. We can have Ruger Mini-14s and Mini-30s though

For all weapons, usually you can only own two in each caliber, for each purpose. I.e. If I'm a hunter I can own 2 .22LR rifles, and if I'm a member of a .22LR gun club too, I can own 2 more. Many people own more than 2 for each purpose, it just takes a little bit of work convincing the authorities why you "need" more Not too difficult though.

BUT...     Silencers are not regulated or registered in any way, buy as many as you'd like. I kinda like that.  

By European standards that's pretty good. Not as good as Finland of course, but better than Sweden.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:44:51 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm afraid you haven't done your homework then. I lived in the Netherlands for a while and checked up on what exactly was permitted. You can own (and keep at home) pretty much the same things you can in the US, with the exception of select-fire (can't own it at all), collapsible stocks (never understood this one) and sound suppressors. I visited a range where people were happily blasting away with Norinco AKs, Bushies, and especially the SIG SG551 (yes, i drooled) was very popular.

Please IM me, because i am sure that you are not to allow to have guns at home or even own a semi-automatic weapon such as the ar15 and ak47. Believe me, my country sucks!

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:20:02 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No country is perfect  try to move a state that is  progun . A state that has no bans  , open carry and concealed carry  and nfa friendly  ..  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:22:21 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Option 1:

Option 2:
In Norway we have long and strong hunting traditions, and after a 30 hour "hunting course" and a test, you are allowed to buy firearms. This course may sound stupid, but in fact you learn a lot about how to hunt, which animals to shoot, how to operate firearms, and more. Interestingly, more and more women take this course and become hunters. Last years local course had 60% women.. guess I'll see a lot of babes in the woods soon

Anyway, all normal calibers are allowed, but the authorities have put their evil eye on .50BMG and anything bigger, so thats a no-no.
No restrictions on "military" calibers like .223,308, 30-06 etc, in fact they are the most poular calibers. For semi-autos, you have to choose from a list of about 15 weapons.. yeah here too. Most semi-autos on this list are serious hunting rifles, no assault-rifle lookalikes. We can have Ruger Mini-14s and Mini-30s though

For all weapons, usually you can only own two in each caliber, for each purpose. I.e. If I'm a hunter I can own 2 .22LR rifles, and if I'm a member of a .22LR gun club too, I can own 2 more. Many people own more than 2 for each purpose, it just takes a little bit of work convincing the authorities why you "need" more Not too difficult though.

BUT...     Silencers are not regulated or registered in any way, buy as many as you'd like. I kinda like that.  

I like this little update on norway  , because of having family there .  thanks  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:35:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Kemps's right,
my dad lives in the Netherlands, and he has an oberland, amongst other things.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please IM me, because i am sure that you are not to allow to have guns at home or even own a semi-automatic weapon such as the ar15 and ak47. Believe me, my country sucks!

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:37:00 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Maybe, with the approval of the mods, it would be interesting to keep the discussion in the thread so that others may learn a bit too. When i was in the Netherlands, a kind owner of a gun club presented me with a document outlining in great detail the guidelines for individual firearms ownership. An updated version of that same document i found here: http://www.justitie.nl/Images/Circulaire%20wapens%20en%20munitie%202005_tcm74-79714.pdf

It's a lenghty read, but good if you want to know your rights.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:51:11 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe, with the approval of the mods, it would be interesting to keep the discussion in the thread so that others may learn a bit too. When i was in the Netherlands, a kind owner of a gun club presented me with a document outlining in great detail the guidelines for individual firearms ownership. An updated version of that same document i found here: http://www.justitie.nl/Images/Circulaire%20wapens%20en%20munitie%202005_tcm74-79714.pdf

It's a lenghty read, but good if you want to know your rights. hr

I am reading this: automatic or even weapons which are made to fire automatic are forbidden. Carry a gun is also forbidden it says (Dutch: Op grond van artikel 27, eerste lid, van de WWM is het verboden om een wapen te dragen).

And check this out, it says that airsoft guns are forbidden.

PS: Can you talk dutch? It would make it alot more easier so whe can use IM messages
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:12:43 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

At least you can still have bolt guns. In East Asia (except Thailand), guns are under such a restriction that Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and PRC are all supposedly "gun-free society". Guess who have guns other than government property............
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:28:42 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I am reading this: automatic or even weapons which are made to fire automatic are forbidden. Carry a gun is also forbidden it says (Dutch: Op grond van artikel 27, eerste lid, van de WWM is het verboden om een wapen te dragen).

And check this out, it says that airsoft guns are forbidden.

PS: Can you talk dutch? It would make it alot more easier so whe can use IM messages hr

I can read dutch, but i can't type it well. Anyway, indeed AUTOMATIC weapons ('category II') are prohibited, but SEMI-automatic weapons aren't. And if they were, this store i visited on multiple occasions, should be very illegal: http://www.munts.nl/main.html :D
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:20:34 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

AMP DSR-1

FUGLY as hell.
The extra mag holder is a bit odd forward of the trigger...and a bullpup sniper rifle?!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:26:47 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Come to Arizona; great climate and there are lots of fully automatic weapons, supressors, etc here!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top