Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/14/2006 5:18:00 AM EDT
Most of the exotic stuff I want/lust for my AR is not available at the gun shows.  I have to surf around the net and read reviews here on ARFCOM to get an idea what something looks like and how it functions.

What really gets annoying is the lack of photographs or specs for all of these accessories.  The manufacturers web site may have one fuzzy photo of their flip-up doo dad which is then copied and pasted to a retailers site.  It is difficult to get a real sense of what the thing is and how it works or looks on the rifle.  

I realize that many of these companies are small operations and I would much prefer that they put their resources toward product quality rather than a slick web page, but some specs and some quality photos of thier products actually mounted on a rifle would be a big bonus.  

You do want to sell this stuff, right?  And you want to sell more of it rather than less, right?  Then make it accessable to the customer with some good descriptions and photos!

My recommendations to manufacturers are:  at least two photos of the product at different angles, preferably mounted to the weapon it is designed for.  If you have an instruction manual, make it available as a PDF file so we can really get an idea on how the thing works.  

Anybody with me on this?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:30:54 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Anybody with me on this?

No. Your supposed to come here, ask questions and ask for personal pics of said products.

Guys like Stickman would wither up and die if there were no requests for pics!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:36:44 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Anybody with me on this?

No. Your supposed to come here, ask questions and ask for personal pics of said products.

Guys like Stickman would wither up and die if there were no requests for pics!

I intend to get a super model someday, but I still have some questions.  

I would like a pic of a blond wearing....  oh...  wait...  STUPID COC!

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:39:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:49:14 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Guys like Stickman would wither up and die if there were no requests for pics! hr

Or maybe get a little more income!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:01:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes this is a technical forum and this post should be in general.

Here is my rely in case it is moved.

I agree on your points.
It also drive me nuts looking for stuff because not everything is listed on the "cart" based retailer.  For instance I had to place three different orders this weekend to get 5 items.  I don't have a nice AR store local to me so I have to use the internet to get the parts I need (note 'need' versus 'want'  --- I keep telling my Wife I need all this shit -- BRD).   I tried emailing a few vendor to see if they had everything, but due to the SHOT show I didn't get replies quicker then the cash burning in my pocket.

Is there a solution, yes.  Is the solution practical, no.  The amount of time it would take to make a website that lists every single item a retailer sells would be crazy, and to have multiple pictures of each item would be even more difficult.  We all can't be midwayusa or cabelas.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:21:16 AM EDT
[#6]

one fuzzy photo

I can understand if someone doesn't have a camera that takes close-up pictures well since the lenses on most of the digital cameras are complete junk, but I will never understand the fetish retailers have with tiny pictures.  They'll have a little thumbnail picture, then you click on the picture or on a link to see a larger picture and it's only a toenail.  A "large" 1"x1" picture does not get the job done.

Even major retailers aren't immune from this stupidity.  My boss's wife does a lot of online shopping at the office, and it's amusing to watch her pull-out a magnifying glass to see the little tiny pictures retailers like Sears and Penny's put on their web sites.  Even with a very nice 20" monitor, the large version of the Sears pictures are still only about 1.5" wide.z
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:48:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:56:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Wait a minute, If everyone posted hundreds of pics. on their sights people would begin to bitch and moan because the site is to slow, pics don't load fast enough. It is a never ending battle.

Welcome to ARFCOM your source for AR info.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:00:27 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
My recommendations to manufacturers are:  at least two photos of the product at different angles, preferably mounted to the weapon it is designed for.  If you have an instruction manual, make it available as a PDF file so we can really get an idea on how the thing works.  

Anybody with me on this?

I don't disagree with you......but, at the same time, I haven't had much of a problem spending money on parts without great pictures. Ultimately, I rely more on end user feedback than pictures anyway.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:01:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:03:49 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What really gets annoying is the lack of photographs or specs for all of these accessories.  The manufacturers web site may have one fuzzy photo of their flip-up doo dad which is then copied and pasted to a retailers site.  It is difficult to get a real sense of what the thing is and how it works or looks on the rifle.  

Anybody with me on this?

One thing that has helped me in my newly acquired BRD is going to Google and doing 'review' searches... ("flip-up doo dad" review)

I seem to find lots of pics and un-biased endless obsessive dribble (which is what I want).
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:18:21 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Guys like Stickman would wither up and die if there were no requests for pics! hr

Or maybe get a little more income!

I would get more income if I didn't post pictures?  Someone help me out with this one, I must be missing how to make this happen.

My mistake. I misread the post.  I meant to say that if more manufacturers took better photos of their products they would come to you because you are the master and you would make lots of money and finally get the Nikon you have been lusting over along with that new Daniel Defense AR with all of the bells and whistles.

Aren't you glad I clarified that for you?  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:40:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:37:11 AM EDT
[#14]
There are somtimes when deciding on a product it would be nice to have better photos.  My example atm would be that I need a BUIS for my one AR.  The problem is that I would like to see more upclose images of the Nobs and how close they flip down upper receiver.  Pictures like that would help me a great deal in deciding on a BUIS.

BTW I'm looking at the ARMS BUIS
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:43:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:52:29 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Most of the exotic stuff I want/lust for my AR is not available at the gun shows.  I have to surf around the net and read reviews here on ARFCOM to get an idea what something looks like and how it functions.

I realize that many of these companies are small operations and I would much prefer that they put their resources toward product quality rather than a slick web page, but some specs and some quality photos of thier products actually mounted on a rifle would be a big bonus.  

You do want to sell this stuff, right?  And you want to sell more of it rather than less, right?  Then make it accessable to the customer with some good descriptions and photos!

Anybody with me on this?

What items are not at Texas Gun Shows?  The only item I have not seen at one is the Short Dot.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:12:29 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
There are somtimes when deciding on a product it would be nice to have better photos.  My example atm would be that I need a BUIS for my one AR.  The problem is that I would like to see more upclose images of the Nobs and how close they flip down upper receiver.  Pictures like that would help me a great deal in deciding on a BUIS.

BTW I'm looking at the ARMS BUIS

Big Bad BUIS FAQ
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:43:35 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Would a website with large clear pictures be something that most people would appreciate, or do most people already know what they are looking for, and not really care about pictures?

I for one would appreciate better pics. They wouldn't have to be large or even high res, but a shot or two from multiple angles would be a welcome change.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top