Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/21/2006 7:24:40 PM EDT
http://www.safestshot.com/
Saw this in the new Guns and Weapons for Law Enforcement....good concept, haven't quite decided if I like it at all.....looks a lot bulkier and less stable.....maybe just another worthless gimmick, weigh in with your thoughts!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:27:13 PM EDT
[#1]
This concept has been out for awhile, and while I don't deny it has uses, they are very limited.

Proper training in how to pie a corner will open your eyes....
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:28:22 PM EDT
[#2]
people have been fighting around corners since the beginning of time.

My score....eh
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:30:33 PM EDT
[#3]

The germans also tried this in WWII with the mp44

Barrel obviously was the modification, but it never really cought on.

Maybe the fact it was only good for like 80 rounds.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:08:18 PM EDT
[#4]
What will they think up next?  

That cat burgler exercises good trigger discipline....
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:56:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I could maybe see a use for that on the urban battlefield if one member of a infantry group is armed with it.

I could never see that thing used for dynamic entry which is fast paced.  There wouldn't be enough time to dick with it.

Overall I have to give it a
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:17:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Interesting choice of how to promote a feature:

The basic configuration eliminates any EMP (Electromagnetic Pulse) concerns using  a strictly passive system consisting of iron sights and the OASS (Off Axis Sighting System.)

That's probably a wise idea, I hear EMP generators are getting to be a standard part of the bad guys kit

I probably would have  just said it is more reliable and won't have batteries dying at an bad time, but then that wouldn't be letting potential customers know about the danger of EMP!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:37:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
http://www.safestshot.com/
Saw this in the new Guns and Weapons for Law Enforcement....good concept, haven't quite decided if I like it at all.....looks a lot bulkier and less stable.....maybe just another worthless gimmick, weigh in with your thoughts!

Here's a hot link for ya:

Safeshot.com
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:53:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Way too much "trouble" for something that a proper training will not fix. As they always say - KISS!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:24:47 PM EDT
[#9]
eh.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:48:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Great stuff.  LOL

2 feet worth of rifle coming around the corner before the operator gets a view through the sight.  With a little luck I can get a round into his weapon before he even sees me...

Does this come with level 5 armor for the "chicken wing" elbow I see in the "bad guy view"? Or just lessons on weak hand shooting with a blinding pain where your elbow WAS.

Lem

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top