Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/3/2007 8:39:04 PM EDT
I have seen this discussed before, and claims made, but have never seen it in writing from them before.  LMT as manufacturer of M&A kits  Scroll down to the "Who makes M&A's stuff" heading.
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 8:50:50 PM EDT
[#1]
They should also state that chrome lining is not just for full-auto but for corrosion resistance and easier extraction..I would think primarily thats what its for along with a longer barrel life.
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 8:54:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree, and also believe there is a lot of other inaccurate or at least misleading information to be found there as well, but the LMT confirmation was interesting.  I would assume that the parts supplied by M&A to LMT for assembly are not subject to the same quality control as the parts that LMT uses to build their own firearms, but at least you should be getting some decent assembly out of them.
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 11:54:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Whoa!!!!!!!!They are now offering 1/7 barrels?? I might just pick up one of these!!!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 11:51:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Yhey have had this up for quite some time on their website.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 12:23:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Funny thing. In the front of their catalog it says they use wilson and Mike rock blanks.
and " Our blanks are then sent to a current military contractor"
" Once a barrel blank has reached the contractor it is rifled utilizing the button broach technique"
Strange I thought blanks were rifled.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 2:08:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I spoke with them at the last funshow here in WI and they said that LMT has always made their parts, but not their barrels.  M&A uppers are basically LMT uppers with non-chrome-lined barrels.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:24:38 PM EDT
[#7]
LMT uses Rock Creek Barrels. Very fine barrels, used on many top of hte line sniper rifles.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top