Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/9/2003 11:27:13 PM EDT
This Armalite M-15A2 did not come with a trap door pistol grip, just an open one. Seems like a waste of space. I got one at a gun show but have been unable to install it. It seems like it needs a special hex socket to install it. How exactly do I remove the old grip and install this one?
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 11:31:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Long hex wrench, of the proper size. Just go buy a set of them, and I'm sure it'll be in there.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 6:17:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Most stock screws take a 3/16" Allen wrench.

The Tango Down Battlegrip is 5/32" and comes with a wrench.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 11:08:54 AM EDT
[#3]
OK. I have a set of hex wrenches but they aren't long enough to fit in there, which why I was puzzled. I will see if I can find a long wrench.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 3:27:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I know you already got a trapdoor but I would really reccomend the G27 Ambi. Stow-away by First Samco.  It's SO NICE... but heck I'm just picky.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 3:55:39 PM EDT
[#5]
This is a good one.
[url]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/buttstocks/56pt87spg2.asp[/url]
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 6:22:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I got one which looks very much like that and is made by "Lone Star Ordnance". Is it OK for the actual trap door to be plastic? Are the better ones made of metal?
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top