Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2002 4:53:37 PM EDT
Hi, everybody.

I ordered a new M4 upper from Bushmaster. The guy at customer service told me there would be no extra charge for the teardrop plunger if they installed there at the factory upon placement of the order. Well, that's what I did and they goofed by sending me an upper with the round plunger.

I called back and another gentleman said he was mailing me out a teardrop. I could just mail the round one back.

How difficult an operation is this? I just went out and bought a 1/16" punch and it seems like it will dislodge the pin in there without causing any damage. The plunger should arrive tomorrow or Friday. Any special tools I need or any special tricks to doing this?

Thanks a lot,
Rob
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 9:00:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Piece of cake. Just drive the pin out far enough to remove the plunger assembly. Swap in the teardrop unit and drive the pin back in. Had to do the same on my Bushy upper.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 10:24:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, Coyote.

Rob
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top