Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2012 8:43:55 AM EDT
Anyone know of a write up or can just tell me about installing gas rings on my AR bolt?  Any special tools needed?
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 8:59:13 AM EDT
[#1]
small screw driver to remove. insert one at a time and work the ring around untill it is seatted.

Check the -23 manual. Army covers this.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 3:51:06 PM EDT
[#2]
McFarland one piece are a little easier to install IMO.  However, the 3 piece rings aren't hard to install either.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 4:16:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Refer to the TM-23&P
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 7:32:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for all the info, guys.  I think I'm going to just purchase individual rings and install them when needed.  Thanks for the TM info, it was helpful.

Link Posted: 2/13/2012 3:17:27 AM EDT
[#5]
odds are high you will loose them before needing them. Some of my rifles have over 10,000 on them still using the org factory rings.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 5:24:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm buying a surplus bolt that I plan to keep in case of emergencies, so I thought I would go ahead and replace the rings and the extractor spring.  If I can find someone around town that can check the headspace I'll get that done too.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top