Any tricks ?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:37:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Spend $5 at Sears h.gif
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:41:41 AM EDT
[#2]
NO SH!T!

5.00 at sears.

i spent about 10 minutes monkeying with one and got it on with vice grips and screwdrivers.  Hurt my fingers.  Scratched the snap ring and delta rings.

then i got a pair of snap ring pliers.  5 seconds!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:54:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Spend the money...
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:13:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Well long story, but.... I am trying not to have to spend the money

but I will probably break down in case I need them again later.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:04:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I've installed all of mine with nothing but a small screw driver.  Put one end in the slot and use the screw driver to pry the other end over the edge.  Then move the 3 points into the slot.  

It takes longer to discribe than do.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:01:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I assume you would have to have the barrel off the receiver or at least remove the front sight assembly to change a delta ring?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:09:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:18:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I've installed all of mine with nothing but a small screw driver.  Put one end in the slot and use the screw driver to pry the other end over the edge.  Then move the 3 points into the slot.  

+1
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:32:15 AM EDT
[#9]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
I've installed all of mine with nothing but a small screw driver. Put one end in the slot and use the screw driver to pry the other end over the edge. Then move the 3 points into the slot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the method I use and it literally takes just a few seconds to install. I have run across some snap rings that are not the right design. There should be a slot area right behind the small holes and the small hole area should curve inward not outward.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:06:40 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Too cheap to spend the 5 bucks?    So go to a pawn shop and get a set for TWO bucks!

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:19:03 PM EDT
[#11]
you've got to be kidding me !  You guy's don't have the proper tools and your working on Weapons?
hock.gif        head.gif        
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:14:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
you've got to be kidding me !  You guy's don't have the proper tools and your working on Weapons?

My barrel was SUPPOSED to come with the delta ring on it.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top