Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/14/2004 12:46:21 AM EDT
Is it feasible to install flash suppressors to "post ban" barrels? I have a couple rifles that I would like to add flash suppressors to, but am curious if it is just a simple threading operation, or if it would be easier / cheaper to buy new barrels. If it is feasible, is there any body that can suggest a smith in the Salt Lake City, Utah area to install them? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:01:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, I am no expert, but I saw Wilson Combat charge $80.00 for installing one of their flash hiders to a post-ban upper. The price includes the installation itself and refinishing the barrel tip. I dunno if this is the "normal" price for something like that, but at least it's an example.

In the case of Wilson, the tip is pinned and welded in place, not threaded.

Oh, and by the way, I had the same problem and I ended up getting a threaded barrel.

E
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top