Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/20/2019 5:07:11 PM
Posted: 10/29/2006 5:56:45 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/29/2006 5:57:13 PM EST by FearlessNKY]
I've tried my best to locate some pictures and info on how to do this, but I have yet to find anything.I hope you guys don't think I'm crazy, but I've never had to do this before.

Can anyone tell how to remove the grip on my M4, and how to install a new Hogue AR grip? If you have a link to photos, that would be awesome!

Thanks,
Mike
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:03:08 PM EST
its real simple

first: remove your stock grip, simply by removing the grip screw inside the hollow of the grip; its going to be either a: flathead screwdriver, philips head, or a 3/16" allen/hex head (lefty loosey, righty tighty)

second: install the Houge grip, using your origional screw and washer, hand tighten

several things to consider: watch out for your safty selctor spring and dentant which sits in the grip's hole on top; you might want a little locktite on the grip screw

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:20:05 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/29/2006 6:21:00 PM EST by FearlessNKY]
Thanks Alphaghost!

Can you tell me if it matters what postion the safety selector is in when removing and installing the grip? Fire or safe....

Red or Blue Loctite on the grip nut?

Thanks,
Mike
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:56:12 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/29/2006 8:00:32 PM EST by ALPHAGHOST]
i always put it on "Safe" when dissassembling, and put the selector on "Fire" when reinstalling the selector spring and grip, but i'm pretty sure it doesnt matter (sorry, its been a while since i done this); just make sure you check the parts count and functionality of the safety after install

BLUE locktite, if any at all

PS: its real easy, just go slow!
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:51:51 PM EST

Originally Posted By ALPHAGHOST:
i always put it on "Safe" when dissassembling, and put the selector on "Fire" when reinstalling the selector spring and grip, but i'm pretty sure it doesnt matter (sorry, its been a while since i done this); just make sure you check the parts count and functionality of the safety after install

BLUE locktite, if any at all

PS: its real easy, just go slow!

Also don't be alarmed if the Fire/Safe selector drags a little on the grip after installation. This is somewhat normal.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 2:04:47 PM EST
Hey, I've changed out grips before also, trust me, use only one small drop of blue#242 locktite. Home Depot has it. REMEMBER ONE SMALL DROP.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:39:43 PM EST
If you use the lock washer, I'm not sure you need any loctite at all. I've not had an AR grip get loose on me, not even on my Remington 870 w/tactical stock adapter, CAR stock, and A2 grip.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:10:17 PM EST
I Big Thanks to all you guys for the info! I just intalled the new grip, and everything worked out great....easy as pie!

Thanks,
Mike
Top Top