Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/3/2006 1:05:06 PM EDT
I'm putting together an AR and I want to put the Vltor modstock on my bushy lower...i got the lower without a stock already on it.  

I was wondering if it is fairly easy or not to install the modstock or if I should have someone do it for me...I would rather do it myself and I was under the impression that all I really need...aside from the kit...is a stock wrench.

Any help would be appreciated!

-Mike
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:16:32 PM EDT
[#1]
It's likely to be the easiest thing you do during the build...other than snapping the upper on, that is.  

-Jbot
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:44:29 PM EDT
[#2]
It's very easy.  I ordered from:  http://www.operationparts.com/vltor.html  and they sent me a free wrench with the stock kit.  Not sure if that's standard or not, but it was nice.  Have fun!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:01:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Very easy....you better do it yourself or you will have to turn in your man card.

I got mine (and free wrench) from Mooney's Firearms.....he's on the board, just look in the Industry section!!

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:42:59 PM EDT
[#4]
The stock wrench are usually included with the Vltor kit, make sure you ask the seller that it is included before you buy it.

The only thing you should be careful is not to launch and loose those detents and springs for the rear takedown pin and buffer tube.

Follow the instructions carefully, don't rush yourself and you should be OK.

I installed two modstocks already, one is a CAR and the other is a club foot model, it's easy.

ETA: I bought mine from two sellers at the Industry section, Bravo Company and JTAC Supply.

Sometimes the seller have a free shipping promo, if the prices are the same go for the free shipping if it's available.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:39:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I have only one thing to add to the excellent advice above.

Take note that the Modstock requires a milspec buffer tube. If you got the Vltor kit complete with buffer tube, you're good to go. If not, make sure the tube you're using is milspec or you'll be frustrated.

As others noted, installation is easy.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top