Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/9/2003 4:11:40 PM EDT
I'm not new to doing detail work on firearms and I'm not new to gas guns but AR's are still relatively new to me. I'd appreciate some advice.

I just yanked the stock gas block and replaced it with a 4-rail unit. I wish there was some way to index the block to the barrel so that I could know that the gas ports line up but I couldn't see a way to do it. Anyway, I lined it up so that I have enough confidence in its operation until I get to the range tomorrow but I'm concerned about the set screws in the bottom of the gas block.

Common sense says these should be Loc-Tite'd in position but I'd like some confirmation on that. It that is so, what is the best Loc-Tite to use?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 4:18:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I use the 242 blue, check there site out, for what is best, for your aplication.
[url]http://www.loctite.com/catalog/category1.html?ProductLine=10[/url]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 6:06:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanx for the tip!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top