Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2004 8:39:10 PM EDT
I just received a box via UPS that contained an Aimpoint Comp ML2, an ARMS #22M68 Aimpoint Ring, an ARMS Cantilever Spacer, and an ARMS #40A2 BUIS.  None of the ARMS products came with installation instructions.  The #40A2 did come with a little tube of locktite, but no mention of where or how much to use.  I am sure that with a little patience and diligence I can figure all this out, but any tips on the installation of the aforementioned products would most surely be appreciated.  I'd much rather learn from some of your mistakes than from my own if you know what I mean.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:43:18 PM EDT
[#1]
For the Arms BUIS, put some of that locktite inside the peep sight hole, then screw that puppy on.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:47:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Excuse me?  I must have misunderstood you.  Could you please explain in more detail?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:48:15 PM EDT
[#3]
LOL
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:52:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Put a drop on the male threads, then screw on the little slotted nut.  It only takes a small drop.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:55:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:10:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't believe I was misleading him. He knew I was kidding. Just a friendly joke. Sorry dad, I will be more boring and straight foward with all of my posts  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:40:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Put a drop on the male threads, then screw on the little slotted nut.  It only takes a small drop.

Did you say the male part goes in the slotted nut or the notted slut?  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:25:52 PM EDT
[#8]
OK, the info on the BUIS is on the money. Use that Locktite! If not the thing will loosen up while shooting. The Aimpoint Ring gets the same treatment, take the Locktite you got with the BUIS and put one small drop on each of the 4 screws that clamp the ring. When tightening the 4 screws, do it in a cris-cross pattern untill the space on both sides of the top and bottom halves are equal. DO NOT TIGHTEN ALL THE WAY DOWN! You could damage the Aimpoint. I think a space of about 1/16" is good. It may vary. You got some GREAT items there for your AR and they will give you years of flawless service. Have you purchased some sort of rail hand guards? Consider the ARMS SIR family if you have not yet. They mate up to the ARMS #40 BUIS perfectly. Knight's RAS or RASII are good choices also. Good luck and please let me know if you need more help.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:31:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Couple more tips. The spacer is pretty straight foreward. On the bottom you will be placing the spacer and then below that the throw-lever. The two short screws will be on the front and back holes while the middle will use the center. Use a screwdriver with a blade that will fit the screw head the best. It will save you the pain of gouging up the screwhead and will be better for tightening them down. Use the same Locktite again as provided with your BUIS on all three screws. Again, good luck and when your done POST SOME PICS.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:19:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:02:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Hawkeye is right. All the guy wants is to tap into a vast well of knowhow and enjoy suggestions for a proper install of parts. I hope I have at least set him on the right track in my prev. posts. Lets play like adults folks and all will be smooth sailing.

tacman556  Please ask as many questions as you want. Most of us here will be happy to help.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:12:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:14:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for all the help.  I sat down this afternoon and put the Aimpoint, ring, spacer, and base all together once without the locktite, and then took it all apart and put it back together with the Locktite.  It all looks great.  Now I have to wait until my upper gets back from KKF so that I can mount the #40 and clamp on the Aimpoint.  I hate waiting.  Thanks again.

ALPHA9000...I can take a joke, but I have to agree with all those who came to my defense that there is a big difference between a joke and just plain misleading information.  Luckily I had enough basic knowledge of the AR and the products I bought to question your advice rather than just taking it.  No hard feelings though.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top