Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2002 6:47:20 AM EDT
Just received an e-mail from Bushmaster stating that the Ace stock I had ordred will be here on Monday. Will be slipping this stock on a "standard" buffer tube on my M-4 Carbine(replacing the current "post-ban" stock and buffer tube).  Do these things "just slip on" or are there "some tricks" involved ? ?  Thanks ! !
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 11:02:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't answer your ?, but i would like to know whether you got boom or postban model stock. I like to get feed back from you when you shoot it. My only dislike of collasable and postban fixed telestock is the spring sound and vibration from it. My post is better than preban i had. I like to figure some way of making the fill and sound go with out having fixed plastic a2 stock. So i might get a postban model ace. i like to get there ace ak stock though.
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 1:14:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I asked the exact same question as you in this thread:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=138799

One thing I'll add - check the fit of the stock COMPLETELY before the permanent installation.

After I installed my two stocks, I noticed that both had barely perceptible gaps between them and the lower receiver.  On one of my rifles, I could just put the edge of a piece of paper in the gap.

This gap is well within the specifications of the Technical Manual, but it bugged me anyway.

To fix it I'd probably have to sandpaper very slightly on the face of the Ace stock to get them to fit with no gap.

So check the fit VERY carefully before doing the full install.

Chris
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top