Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/2/2011 8:07:15 PM EDT
So, I am faced with a dilemma. I want to install a A2 Receiver Extension on a stripped lower to use on a 10.5" Spike's build that I'm currently working on.

I also want to use a standard end plate, possible upgrading with a Magpul ASAP Plate or a SLAP Plate for the attachment of a single-point sling. However, looking at the design, if I were to do this, the A2 Extension wouldn't protrude into the lower enough to keep the buffer stop pin in place.

Now I've seen some photos of people with standard A2 Extensions on their pistol lowers, along with standard end plates and I'm just wondering how they overcame the problem that I am referring to.

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

P.S.
Please don't any of you Legal Eagles tell me that I have to make sure that the A2 Extension isn't capable of accepting a stock. I am fully aware of the laws and am taking all of the necessary precautions to obey them.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:42:27 PM EDT
[#1]
You can use a clamp on style instead for your mount.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:56:54 PM EDT
[#2]
You could do the set screw mod to hold in the rear take down detent spring in and you won't need a plate.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:26:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You could do the set screw mod to hold in the rear take down detent spring in and you won't need a plate.

I agree, and that may be what I will do, but I still want a way to hang a single-point sling off of the end. Not to mention, I have seen photos of pistols with the end plate along with an A2 extention and wonder how they did that.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top