Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2005 9:44:20 PM EDT
I am looking to add a standard FSB to one of my recce uppers.  I want it to go in front of my FF tube which is a DD12.0.  I know that the Bushmaster dissy's have a front sight base in front of the gas block.  What is the easiest way to do this?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:42:27 AM EDT
[#1]
dpms has a normal front sight for a bull barrel with set screws.  or they have it in a smaller diameter that you could get enlarged.  or use a normal front sight with pins.  or a railed front sight base, with set screws, and a clamp on front sight.  i was thinking similiar, i like the full length tube.  this ones my favorite (photo courtesy of  D & L sports, inc).
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:54:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:38:14 PM EDT
[#3]
The barrel does not have two gas block seats.  It is 0.740 where I am looking to add the standard FSB.  I can't seem to find the one that DPMS offers.  I think that I may go the route of having a smaller one enlarged.  Who can do this?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:48:07 PM EDT
[#4]
You could always install a sight, flip up or not, on the very front of your free float.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:49:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:41:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Who manufactures standard FSB's?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:36:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:58:48 PM EDT
[#8]
www.dpmsinc.com/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=BL-18B
heres a link to the .625 that you can get drilled out.  call them about it since it is just mentioned on the website.  since your barrel is .740, i would just get a normal .750 front sight, remove the bayo lug and swivel, drill and tap holes for set screws.  may be hard to line it up and dimple the barrel, but thats what id do.  im not a gunsmith though, randall is.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top