Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/26/2003 6:37:30 AM EDT
Hey guys, today at the club some guy came in w/a m-4 with a m-6 and KA VG mounted on his samco handguard.  I tried it out and was shocked at 25 yards the laser was dead on (I mean dead on!)!  

I always thought these things were made for handguns only.  Does anyone out there use this "poor man's" system?  He also had a pressure pad attached to it which was taped onto his KA VG - pretty neat system.  Where can you buy the pressure pad for an M-6???  Didn't know they had them.

How do you think this set up works as in reliability?  If it works ok I might buy a used Insight M-6 from someone and try this system out.  If its a waste of time then well, I guess I'll save up for something else.  Opinions?
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 6:50:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I dont doubt it will work but I would be cautious with the system. I think its probably pretty fragile. The M6's arent nearly as solid as some other laser aiming devices out there. I think they'll probably work ok for short term or on a gun that wont get used very hard. But long term durability would be something to be concerned about. Especially when mounted to plastic rails like those on the Samco units.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:12:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Try the LAM or OTAL on SIR or RAS/RASII [:)]  Do it right and do it just once.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:29:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I agree, Another thing to keep in mind is the white light output...not nearly enough for shock effect.   but FYI...the M6's have recently been fielded for testing with the last unit I worked with for use on M4's.  Since the M6's didn't have lense covers they all had lenses that were scratched up and in bad shape, which also affected beam quality.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top