Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2004 11:41:48 AM EDT
Anyone using one of these?  Pro's Con's?  Picked up one last week at the gun show and put it on my Mini 14 for the time being.  Just curious as to quality and reliablity...  Thanks!  Currently using Laser Devices OP-6 on the AR and trying to find a mount so I can put another OP-6 on a Remington 11-87.   All comments welcome!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 11:48:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:43:31 PM EDT
[#2]
As always, thanks for the assistance Grant!  You will probably be getting a email in the next week or sohe
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:29:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I have two lights on my AR.  I always leave them on the gun while I am out plinking.  One is an Insight M6 the other a Modified Surefire G2.  Niether one has ever broke a bulb from recoil.
http://www.hunt101.com/img/214200.gif
I would recommend the M3 for rifle service if you already have one.  However, It probably would not be my first choice when compared to my G2. My G2 has the P61 bulb wich makes it qiute a bit brighter than the M6 or M3 and the G2 is focused more in a spot than the Insights.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 12:09:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I have been using the M3 on my duty pistol for a several years without any trouble. I ordered the CFL-200 pressure switch that replaces the M3 back plate and allows for remote activation and will be transferring the M3 to my HBarII. For short duty use, ie. clearing houses and buildings (which is what I do), the M3 is great. For lots of outside work, I would probably spend the money for a bigger light.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 3:16:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Dieselman and TxJustice.  Thanks for the "insight"ht  Thanks agian
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top