Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2014 6:43:40 AM EDT
I have been trying to decide between 2 red dot sights and need some help. I am looking at getting a new or used vortex strikefire or a used eotech 512.  Ok i know the eotech is better but is it 200$ better (used prices). I guess What i am trying to ask is what makes it so much better. Is it really going to make that big of a differnce to get a eotech or should i get a strikefire and put the money towards other accessories. If you have tried both sights i would really like to hear from you. But if you only use one or the other let me know what you think.

Please, I know the eotech is better so tell me why rather than "buy the eotech"

Thanks in advance,
David
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 10:15:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/26/2014 10:16:45 AM EDT by urbanredneck]
Not an eotech fan. Too many problems with the batteries, and switches. Not to mention the battery life. My department approves aimpoints and eotechs. When we have rifle classes there are usually 1 or 2 people having problems with their eotech.

I'm not saying that aimpoints don't have issues too but not like the eotechs in my experience. But if I were looking for an inexpensive red do then I would look at the bushnell tr25. I'm sure the Vortex gets good reviews too.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 10:31:17 AM EDT
My feelings are if its not going on a .22 it should cost 500+ because that's where you start getting into real quality optics. Of the 2 I would say eotech but I personally would go with at least an aimpoint. ( also not really a red dot fan so mostly just running my mouth..)
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 10:39:07 AM EDT
Eotech 512 with the newest revision doesn't have the battery issues of the older ones. I would choose the Eotech just due to ruggedness and it's proven.

I've got about every aimpoint and currently only have one Eotech. If I were to buy one and needing to be price consciousness I would get a used aimpoint pro and never look back. It's gonna be in the same price point as a used 512 and outstanding battery life and night vision capable should you ever need it in the future.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 11:15:09 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mattman13:
Eotech 512 with the newest revision doesn't have the battery issues of the older ones. I would choose the Eotech just due to ruggedness and it's proven.

I've got about every aimpoint and currently only have one Eotech. If I were to buy one and needing to be price consciousness I would get a used aimpoint pro and never look back. It's gonna be in the same price point as a used 512 and outstanding battery life and night vision capable should you ever need it in the future.
View Quote

Have you seen a T1 torture test? Not even the EoTech fans claim them to be more rugged than an Aimpoint.

And proven? You do realize there's been countless Aimpoint CompM4s issued as well, correct?
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:21:43 PM EDT
You do realize I have a t1, h1, m2, and a pro?
I was saying between a Chinese vortex and an Eotech. Eotechs have seen service and plenty hold up. Read further where I recommend a pro in that price range?
Top Top