Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2016 11:41:45 AM EDT
Took a range-day (vacation) yesterday and decided to check out some optics that I had bought over the last few months.
My mini review is not detailed, so don't expect a professional write-up.

I want to use this on a lightweight build that is about 5.75 lbs.
Weight is a factor, but my eyes and a slightly fuzzy sight are the biggest factor, started using reading glasses a few years ago.
I can use irons and like em but I like tech stuff and gadgets /toys are fun.
Both eyes open was a factor for all of these I was gonna test, and was extremely important for me.

Scope was a Hi-Lux cmr 1-4
It is built like a tank, but comes in at 16.5 oz without rings.
It is a nice bargain for the money, and the reticle works great for 1x and eyes open shooting, it also has illumination for the reticle.
Prone and turned up to 4x, 300 and 400 yd plinking was fun and easy.
I will be keeping it for another build down the road.
Scope

Aimpoint Pro, great red dot.
Weight was nice at about 9oz including spacer.
Not much to say except it works, but I miss the circle with inner dot  EOTech had on their sight (sent mine back for refund)
I am keeping it and will do something with it later, maybe trade or who knows.
Good piece of equipment.
Aimpoint Pro

Burris AR-332, wow it won me.
Lil heavy at 14.2oz but worth it to me.
I was concerned that 3x might be too much up close, but it is easy going.
Eye relief was not an issue and the red/green lighted reticle is nice, reticle is there in black if batteries die, so no big deal.
My eyes like green , I use green on my pistol front sights, so it was great for me.
Plenty of brightness in full sun while looking at pine trees using the green reticle function.
Burris AR 332

Thanks for reading.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 3:37:37 PM EDT
[#1]
The Burris doesn't get much love here, I bought one last year when Primary Arms was selling them with the rebate etc. at 85.00.

Works fine, I like it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 4:35:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Burris doesn't get much love here, I bought one last year when Primary Arms was selling them with the rebate etc. at 85.00.

Works fine, I like it.
View Quote

Well it should, it is really a good piece of equipment, time will tell, but this one wont be babied.
It was recommended to me, and at first I didn't think I would like it, but it won me in about 15 minutes.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:03:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Let us know how it's working after a couple direct-hit drops over the next five years.  you'll definitely be thankful for your PRO
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 6:45:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Let us know how it's working after a couple direct-hit drops over the next five years.  you'll definitely be thankful for your PRO
View Quote

I will let ya know, because I am not a baby my stuff kind of person.
Is the statement you made a general assumption or have real issues been reported showing issues with the Burris?
Everyone has their favorites, a single red dot isnt mine, if the Burris is a failure, then I will find something similiar or go to the 1-4 type scope.

Not knocking Aimpoint in anyway, wouldn't have bought it if I thought quality was not good.
Their warranty is 2 and 10 yr original owner only.

Burris

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 8:56:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got about a year and half on the Burris and mines held up well. The only reason I got it was the free fast fire 3 deal they had.... although I've never received my fast fire 3...
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 11:12:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Is the statement you made a general assumption or have real issues been reported showing issues with the Burris?
Everyone has their favorites, a single red dot isnt mine, if the Burris is a failure, then I will find something similiar or go to the 1-4 type scope.

Not knocking Aimpoint in anyway, wouldn't have bought it if I thought quality was not good.

Burris
http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p485/leonjohnson1942/IMG_2880_zpsaf1zxau2.jpg

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Burris
http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p485/leonjohnson1942/IMG_2880_zpsaf1zxau2.jpg

No, I have no empirical time with one.  Even with a good warranty, my point toward the PRO is you certainly want a very reliable and rugged optic.  The Burris may be in that vain...the PRO is definitely.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top