Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2013 1:40:11 PM EDT
I have read from various forums on the topic to reset MTAC 1-4x to zero, some suggested by removing the knob , some suggested that we can just return to factory to replace the hunter knob to a target knob, etc...    etc...    Possibly I am dense ...   I just couldn't figure out the "right way" or the "best way" ... so I gave them a call today.  

I got lucky, the lady tech was extremely knowledgeable, and extremely helpful.   There are 2 ways::

1. if the knob on your scope has a small cut out right beneath the "0" mark, just insert a pointed object into the cut out, then push on the middle ring that is marked with the 0, 2, 4,6, 8, etc....   My 1-4x does have the cut out , the ring moves easily and smoothly,  no force is needed.  I am all set

2. if the knob on your scope does NOT have the cut out, use a rubber band to grip the middle ring, then turn it.   (She told me this is what they do in Burris...   but I do wonder, as the rubber band will cover up the "0" mark on the middle ring.)

Hope this helps.   Good luck with yours.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 5:43:11 PM EDT
Thanks. Will do mine tonight.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:44:07 PM EDT
Thanks for the tip. Mine did not have the cut but I wrapped the rubberband around the part labelled 0,2,4,6 etc and spun it back to reset my scope to zero as you stated in option 2.
Top Top