Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2002 6:39:00 AM EDT
I have a Bohica milled preban lower that I would like to learn about.  It is labeled
BOHICA
M-16-SA
5.56 Nato
4602xx

Any info I could receive would be helpful.

THANKS
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 8:18:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Nver heard of that one. Can't imagine it was a big seller. I've always understood Bohica to mean:
Bend
Over
Hear
It
Comes
Again
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 9:32:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Once a while, I saw BOHICA's lower receiver floating around the web.  They were a low volume producer, and had set up their machine to produce 500 or so lower a few months before the Federal AW ban.

I actually knew the guy who owned and produce these receivers, and yes, he knows what BOHICA meant and was using that for all the regulations he have to follow to stay in business (and eventually went out of business), screwing a few people including his partner while he was at it.

Back to the receiver, they were "reverse-engineered" mill receiver using 6061-T6, not 7075-T6511.  He never did had the drawings to get all the dimension and tolerance issue worked out, so some fare amount of hand work is required to put together a reliable weapon.

I hope you did not buy the receiver.

leungken
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 6:15:50 AM EDT
[#3]
What would be a fair price for a stripped lower?
Thanks for the info and please keep it coming
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 9:57:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll put it this way, STAY AWAY!!!
You be better of finding a pre-ban Bushmaster, PWA, EA, and hell, even an SGW.

Is that plane and simple?
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 3:57:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I know it works, I bought it as a complete lower a couple years back.  I could not afford it with the upper.  I thought about doing something with it and never have.  I just picked up a bushy and pulled the parts off this one for spares.  I am planning to part with it.  I am going to try for $700 shipped.  Even with work and cost of upper, will be a cheap way into an evil preban.  Thanks
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 12:43:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I picked up an unfired Olympic Arms (SGW) preban for $750.  The AR market is prety soft, and I doubt you are going to be able to get $700 for that thing.  Wait until 2004 when prices really jump, and you might be able to then.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top