Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 6/2/2003 5:56:15 PM EDT
Hey guys. I have a Bushy 20" A2 that I am getting 1 3/4" groups @ 100 Yds with using the iron sights. I like using the irons, but I think that if I had a 3x or a 4x scope on it, I would get better groups at 100+ yards.

What I would like is to find a compact fixed power scope, either 3 or 4 power, (not a battery operated jobbie, or an ACOG...I wish) and a carry handle mount that I can take off to use the irons and then put it back on, returning the scope to zero.

Do the components of a setup like this exist? If so, how well does it work? I know carry handle mounted scopes are not the optimum setup, but do you think it will work for giving me a slight edge in the accuracy department when I need it?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:12:18 PM EDT
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=161598[/url] Try the M2, it is a good scope for the price. I think the NATO reticle is superior. Weaver has a 1-4x scope for about 250 so does Leupold, of course Leupold is bit more expensive. The Weaver scope might be another good choice, since you can dial down the power to 1x and use it as a fast action scope. As far as the mount, your best choice is a ARMS #2, it is give good repeat zero capability. of course, everytime you remove the scope, you will loose a little zero. it would be suggested to rezero after awhile. btw, there is a lot of ARMS #2 knock off, make sure you get the real thing if you want the repeat zero. ARMS is build iwth much tighter tolerence. Hope this helps.
Top Top