Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 11/3/2003 4:27:11 PM EDT
I notice that the indention from the firing pin, is hitting off center.
Is the bolt or bolt carrier not centered in the rifle? How do you correct this?
Bushy 20" Post ban.
Ammo XM193 LC 02

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 6:23:03 PM EDT
How far of center are we talking about? do all the rounds fire or are you having malfunctions? I say if it ain't broke, don't mess with it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 7:09:45 PM EDT
It's possible the hole for the firing pin was drilled off center.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 9:31:57 PM EDT
field strip it and find out. you're supposed to do that to clean it anyway.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 4:15:07 AM EDT
I just notice yesterday when I was shooting, this offset. The offset is about 1/32" off center. In regard to field stripping, I would say this weapon is clean enough to eat off of. It gets cleaned totally each time it is shot. Barrel,bolt,carrier,chamber, upper rec. totally. As I ask, is the bolt floating in the lugs, if so what would have caused this, also how could you correct it short of a barrel change. Thanks
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 4:21:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/4/2003 4:25:18 AM EDT by CJan_NH]
Originally Posted By ttusus: I just notice yesterday when I was shooting, this offset. The offset is about 1/32" off center. In regard to field stripping, I would say this weapon is clean enough to eat off of. It gets cleaned totally each time it is shot. Barrel,bolt,carrier,chamber, upper rec. totally. As I ask, is the bolt floating in the lugs, if so what would have caused this, also how could you correct it short of a barrel change. Thanks
View Quote
The good news is that it has nothing to do with the barrel. Field strip the rifle and take a look at the hole at the face of the bolt where the firing pin comes out to strike the primer. Is the hole slightly off center? If it is, that's the reason.
Top Top