Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/8/2004 3:53:56 PM EST
Can anyone provide me with info on resonably priced in the ear amplified earplugs. I have Peltor 7s Tactical muffs and love them,but they don't help because I don't wear them except when shooting pistols. I shoot alot and a good bit of competition with my pistol,but am now getting into tactical rifle classes and do not like using my muffs. Its a pain to continuosly remove plugs to hear instructors or range officers,yet alone get them back in on time. I went Dove shooting as well this past weekend and went unprotected and I've suffered the consequences for the past 4 days. Can anyone provide any real world info or recommendations on something for in the ear protection? Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:12:25 PM EST
How about Radians' TacEar or ProwlEar? How are they - says electronically 29 DB reduction.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:29:05 PM EST
my Peltor Tac 6S works for for my rifle. Can barely here it, and I can still hear everything around me. It's rated lower than you 7S too.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:51:48 PM EST
The muffs get in the way when sighting and become uncomfortable to me. I prefer a fitted in the ear plug with preference of electronic attenuation. I can't find much info on the Radians,but what I have found doesn't look very reliable.
Top Top